Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! I figured I should finally make an account here, I've been in 2GFusions for a while. I've always owned Fords (currently have a '10 Focus SES and a '16 Escape Titanium) and come from a Ford-owning family. This week is a special week, as my Fusion Sport is scheduled to be delivered! My parents have a '15 SE, and I almost leased a '16 Ti AWD, but when I heard the news about the Sport I knew I wouldn't be turning in my '14 Titanium for the '16 (that's when I got the Escape). Anyways, I special ordered my Magnetic with the 401A package, moonroof, and cooled seats seats back in the first week of June. Its been a very long summer waiting, but I'm expecting the call between tomorrow and Saturday, then I'll be driving up to MA to get it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats DoMiFo! Last car I ordered and had to wait for, I had a whole pile of stuff for it in the garage before it arrived. Makes it an extra special day when you get to pick it up. Enjoy!

·
Registered
186 Posts
. . . I special ordered my Magnetic with the 401A package, moonroof, and cooled seats seats back in the first week of June. Its been a very long summer waiting, but I'm expecting the call between tomorrow and Saturday, ...
Sounds like your dealer sat on this order for a while. I ordered mine 6/3 (sat with the dealer as he entered it online and got an order # from Ford). It was built 6/24 and delivered 8/2, after sitting in Hermosillo for a couple of weeks (apparently for a headlight mounting bracket fix) and then for over a week in the local rail yard. I ordered every option except parking assist and inflatable seat belts, and it's Platinum White which is a more complex process -- so your particular order doesn't explain the long delay. Assuming you have the VIN from the dealer, the dates on the sticker and the ETIS site may be revealing (ETIS will tell you the actual build date).

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Yeah I'm surprised I haven't been going nuts. My contact at the dealer did tell me she's seen less persistent owners who've ordered Mustangs & Raptors tho, haha. Actually I got the call today, Picking it up Friday!)

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you will love it. Post some cool pictures please..
Will do! I'll definitely be doing a photo shoot of it over the long weekend, so I'll post some shots then.

Congrats DoMiFo! Last car I ordered and had to wait for, I had a whole pile of stuff for it in the garage before it arrived. Makes it an extra special day when you get to pick it up. Enjoy!
I just ordered the Titanium inner tail lights form Ford Parts and some LED reverse lights this afternoon... ;) Hopefully the 2017's have the wiring there like the previous 2G's did. I'll post when I find out.

Sounds like your dealer sat on this order for a while. I ordered mine 6/3 (sat with the dealer as he entered it online and got an order # from Ford). It was built 6/24 and delivered 8/2, after sitting in Hermosillo for a couple of weeks (apparently for a headlight mounting bracket fix) and then for over a week in the local rail yard. I ordered every option except parking assist and inflatable seat belts, and it's Platinum White which is a more complex process -- so your particular order doesn't explain the long delay. Assuming you have the VIN from the dealer, the dates on the sticker and the ETIS site may be revealing (ETIS will tell you the actual build date).
Nah, I was just one of the unlucky ones. My family is friends with the "new-car sales manager" at the dealer I went through, thankfully, so I sat with her as we did everything. I was even put in as a slightly higher priority level than average retail orders. The "accepted to order bank" date was June 15th, I got my VIN and build week shortly after that, then the exact build date was released mid-July, it was built on August 15th, and shipped the next day without any repairs/delays. I've been tracking the car throughout the whole process. ETIS didn't even show my build options until last Thursday, seems like it takes a little while for it up update. Either way, I'm kind of glad, it forced me to save more for a better down-payment, and I didn't get one of the first ones too. Win-win for me, personally.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You're welcome for tracking that ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Good to see it's right on schedule. Mine should still be coming next week, fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're welcome for tracking that ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Good to see it's right on schedule. Mine should still be coming next week, fingers crossed.
Seriously man thanks again! You've definitely been the biggest help tracking it, by far. Good luck with yours, even I can't wait for yours as well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts