Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the bov hose and plugged it with a cap to my ironing board leg that fit perfectly. I'll find a better cap later, but it'll do for now.

Can't get my videos to upload from my phone so I'll do that when i get home from the pool. It sounds good tho.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Not sure what happened to the sound. It sounded fine on my phone, but somewhere in the transfer/upload it got a bit wonky. I really does sound good in person. I swear it!

The first two shots in the driving vid are with the windows up, then you can hear the window roll down for the third shot.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics of the set up? McMaster Carr has silicone caps that will work. Unfortunately they are red and I think you have to buy six but they work very well. Sorry, I don't have the part number.
No pics. It pretty much looks stock except instead of a hose, there is a white plastic cap.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's pretty cool, especially considering it's quick and cheap. Can never go wrong with mods like that :) thanks for the share

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most hardware stores have 1" chair feet that work perfectly. I think Wally World has them as well. I used the thinner smooth ones first because they were prettier than the thick ones, but after feeling how soft they get when hot, I grabbed the ugly thick ones like >these<

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did this mod this past Thursday. I disconnect the hose to the Bov and plugged the end of the hose. Everything was fine - was getting the woosh sound when letting off. Drove the car the whole weekend without issues. Then about and an hour ago, I went to start it and it wouldn't. It would just go to accessory, but radio wouldn't turn on. And the break pedal became stiff. Interior and exterior lights turn on though. I hooked it up to a jump start pack, and tried to start it but still nothing. But the radio turned on this time.

Any ideas? Does it have anything to do with the vta mod? Thats the only thing I can think of that was different. And I don't recall leaving any lights on.

I'm gonna try to jump it with cables tomorrow.

BTW, the error on the dash says "See Manual".

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't think it's the VTA either. Is the plug to the BOV connected firmly? You could maybe try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Might need a sort of "reboot".

Or, maybe something is draining the battery (short)? Did you find anything in the manual?
Thanks. Yes, the plug is firmly connected.
I will try disconnecting battery for a few minutes if jumping doesn't work.

The only thing I saw in the manual was "See Manual" meant there is an issue with the powertrain.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So I left the battery disconnected overnight. Tried to start it and still nothing. Not even lights would turn on. Then I hooked up a Peak Jump-start 600 to it, and instantly the interior and exterior lights came on. I went to go start it, but still wouldn't start, although accessory came on. Weird thing was when I stopped trying to start it, something would keep making a ticking sound like it was trying to start still and the interior lights would flicker, even with the doors closed and no key in the car. The only way for the ticking and flickering would stop was to disconnect the battery.

Then I tried jumping it. And it started! I let it run for a few minutes and drove it around. Then I shut it off and restarted it. I tried again 10 mins later, and it started.

I'm wondering what could have drained the battery. My lighting cable for my phone has been frayed for quite sometime now...and although nothing was plugged into it, it was plugged into the USB outlet. Could that have possibly done something?
Thanks you guys.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I doubt it's connected to the mod. The reason the brake pedal was hard was cuz it wasn't running. Has to be battery or something electrical not letting the starter engage

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sorry didn't know it resolved.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts