Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
those are pretty awesome, but it looked and sounded like the drivers of the other cars didn't know how to drive them all that well.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Any Given Sunday!

That's the thing with the Sport though. Anybody can drive it to its full potential. AWD, automatic, smooth, deceptively fast. It's a recipe for stop light drag racing success. Everyone likes to think their car is as fast as the times listed in their favorite car mag. Real world with your typical driver and variable road conditions, this just isn't the case. With the Sport the variables have much less affect IMO.

Ex:
Car and Driver, 2015 Mustang GT 6-speed manual
0-60 4.4
1/4 mile 13.0 @ 112mph

You can bet this was the best time a very good driver was able to get with many attempts.

So a Mustang GT owner is bragging about his car going 0-60 in 4.4s and the FuSpo owner says his(tuned) can do 4.6s. Mustang owner scoffs, "yeah right".
Who do you think has the better chance walking out to their car and laying down say a 4.8s 0-60?

Any Given Sunday.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I know that's Marcelino Sotolongo. He's on a few of the fusion Facebook groups. Hes tuned by CD3performance(Troy walls). His fastest time I saw a few months back was 13.1 at 105. I bet they've worked up a better tune. That thing was movin

·
Registered
481 Posts
I know that's Marcelino Sotolongo. He's on a few of the fusion Facebook groups. Hes tuned by CD3performance(Troy walls). His fastest time I saw a few months back was 13.1 at 105. I bet they've worked up a better tune. That thing was movin
fast gal on here with summer tires and a unleashed tune ran a 12.6, not sure of mph

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
fast gal on here with summer tires and a unleashed tune ran a 12.6, not sure of mph
oh i know, i believe it was 105-106. they were consistent with mid 12's

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
405 Posts
Any Given Sunday!

That's the thing with the Sport though. Anybody can drive it to its full potential. AWD, automatic, smooth, deceptively fast. It's a recipe for stop light drag racing success. Everyone likes to think their car is as fast as the times listed in their favorite car mag. Real world with your typical driver and variable road conditions, this just isn't the case. With the Sport the variables have much less affect IMO.

Ex:
Car and Driver, 2015 Mustang GT 6-speed manual
0-60 4.4
1/4 mile 13.0 @ 112mph

You can bet this was the best time a very good driver was able to get with many attempts.

So a Mustang GT owner is bragging about his car going 0-60 in 4.4s and the FuSpo owner says his(tuned) can do 4.6s. Mustang owner scoffs, "yeah right".
Who do you think has the better chance walking out to their car and laying down say a 4.8s 0-60?

Any Given Sunday.

Ok so a few issues. First off all, that race was only a 1/8th mile, so the Fusions AWD is obviously going to win off the line and a good chunk of the 1/8th. Also Trap speed is pretty static regardless of driver ability, it can vary 1-2 mph based on driver, but really as long as you shift without bouncing the rev limiter its not going to change much. The trap speed of a stock GT being 112MPH is way faster than the Fusions 105-106MPH tuned. Had that race been a full 1/4mile, the Mustang would have walked the Fusion hard on the top end. Also to your comment about drag times and magazines being inaccurate, remember nearly every Magazines times for the Sport was low 14s around 98-99MPH. Based on these forums Id say the average time for a stock Fusion is mid to high 13s at 99-100MPH. The mustang IS a faster car than a tuned fusion, but when racing from a dead stop and only 1/8th of a mile, the higher HP and speed numbers of the Mustang are not able to be fully utilized. Also from a quick youtube, seems most stock 5.0 GTs run 12.6-110-112MPH, i dont think it requires a very good driver to hit those times.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ford made sure that the mustang GT is faster than the fusion SPORT its not alot faster but definitely has more top end potential.

But yes the drives also plays a big part especially in light to light 0 - 45 pulls where the fusion is in its element.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
@fastgal is hitting mid 12's tuned.
Now my last car was trapping 114-115 but traction was my issue and I was low 13's. I'd say any stock 5.0 better be on their A game.

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
624 Posts
Well I never said the Sport was faster than the GT. Certainly not stock vs stock, assuming were talking about a current GEN GT.
I also did not mean to imply that the mag times were inaccurate.

·
Registered
152 Posts
very nice! Was really surprised to see how badly it walked that RS

Great to see more FuSpo racing videos :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
the 380 Lbs of torque is what makes the sport special. Off the line it kills most cars.
Truth!

I ended up getting into it with a new SRT Charger a few weeks back at a light, from a dig, and was shocked to see how much I pulled on him. I had to shut it down at 70-80 but the guy driving and his buddy looked pretty shocked too lol Their jaws were on the floor

we exchanged thumbs up and went on our separate ways. Good dude!

·
Registered
177 Posts
My tuned GTO (380/380 at the rear wheels) would probably kill my FS in a 1/4 mile (should be low 12s/high 11s) but it's really traction limited from a stop-pretty sure the FS would kill it in the 1/8th mile, no matter who was driving!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The trap speed of a stock GT being 112MPH is way faster than the Fusions 105-106MPH tuned. Had that race been a full 1/4mile, the Mustang would have walked the Fusion hard on the top end.
Well trap speed really doesn't necessarily mean car will win 1/4 mile race, still, it is time that counts. Basically, there is a lot to traction and low end power/torque as well. We should look at the acceleration curve to estimate who is indeed faster (i.e. FuSpo can have better 60' and maybe 1/8 but lose at 1/4 as we have seen here, but could also win 1/4 with lower trap speed if it builds enough of a advantage in the first 1/8th).

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Ok so a few issues. First off all, that race was only a 1/8th mile, so the Fusions AWD is obviously going to win off the line and a good chunk of the 1/8th. Also Trap speed is pretty static regardless of driver ability, it can vary 1-2 mph based on driver, but really as long as you shift without bouncing the rev limiter its not going to change much. The trap speed of a stock GT being 112MPH is way faster than the Fusions 105-106MPH tuned. Had that race been a full 1/4mile, the Mustang would have walked the Fusion hard on the top end. Also to your comment about drag times and magazines being inaccurate, remember nearly every Magazines times for the Sport was low 14s around 98-99MPH. Based on these forums Id say the average time for a stock Fusion is mid to high 13s at 99-100MPH. The mustang IS a faster car than a tuned fusion, but when racing from a dead stop and only 1/8th of a mile, the higher HP and speed numbers of the Mustang are not able to be fully utilized. Also from a quick youtube, seems most stock 5.0 GTs run 12.6-110-112MPH, i dont think it requires a very good driver to hit those times.
My 14 GT auto ran a 12.74 my first pass ever, DA of 1600 I think. Bone stock except a 295 NT05 (not a drag radial).
No burnout, no cool down, I wasn't even sure if I had 93, as I had been running 87 in winter (only a 7 HP difference anyway).

Handling and braking suck in that GT, and thats compared to my 2.0 AWD fusion. But the GT was $26K and change new,
got a used (new in package) 675 HP Roush TVS ($4500), VMP tune/X4 ($700) different set of chinese Bullits and a set of 305 drag radials ($700,
run on the street, todays drag radials are fine outside of snow or heavy rain), couple rear suspension links ($700).
So I'm well into the 11's, maybe high 10's, trapping MPH in the 1/8th, what FS traps in the 1/4, for well under $35K

FS is great car (I still want one), especially all around daily driver. It's the refined, auto EVO (vice the handling maybe), but lets not get crazy
about the quickest FS ever, beating up on stock stangs with horrible drivers.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
My 14 GT auto ran a 12.74 my first pass ever, DA of 1600 I think. Bone stock except a 295 NT05 (not a drag radial).
No burnout, no cool down, I wasn't even sure if I had 93, as I had been running 87 in winter (only a 7 HP difference anyway).

Handling and braking suck in that GT, and thats compared to my 2.0 AWD fusion. But the GT was $26K and change new,
got a used (new in package) 675 HP Roush TVS ($4500), VMP tune/X4 ($700) different set of chinese Bullits and a set of 305 drag radials ($700,
run on the street, todays drag radials are fine outside of snow or heavy rain), couple rear suspension links ($700).
So I'm well into the 11's, maybe high 10's, trapping MPH in the 1/8th, what FS traps in the 1/4, for well under $35K

FS is great car (I still want one), especially all around daily driver. It's the refined, auto EVO (vice the handling maybe), but lets not get crazy
about the quickest FS ever, beating up on stock stangs with horrible drivers.
A tuned Fusion will out run a stock mustang in the 1/8th and it has a good shot in the 1/4. It all depends on the driver mod since a little spin can cost .5 second.
Im still crying about parting out and selling my 14 stang, but with the 82mm pulley, it ran 10.8s at 131mph in 1/4 with drag radials. All I could muster in the 1/8th was 7.2s at 99 mph with a 295 summer tire.
A week from this Friday I have a grudge match against a 17 Dodge Daytona Charger with the 392 and 485HP. Im confident that I can take him since hes run the stock 275s along with weighing 4300lbs. This will be on a 1/8th mile and I plan to record my runs so Ill post them up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am swapping tunes from livernoise to unleashed. My unleashed will be here tomorrow. so I will have it loaded and ready to go Saturday, I will be data logging and get the shifts as fast/stiff as fast girls for sure. I may also do a full E30 tune with Torrie and see how that goes. I am going to the track next Saturday as well.

Once thing I will say, my exhaust is causing me huge power loss and issues. I am hoping my unleashed tune at least gets me 13.0 or fast considering most people have ran this. I ran 13.4 on my livernoise tuned fusion and only trapped 100 MPH.

My old 300WHP Fiesta ST ran a 13.1 at 110 in the quater as I could not get traction in 1st and half of 2nd. But I raced my buddies daytona 392 and put a car length on him from by 100MPH from a 20 roll. so I know it was a mid 12 second car, My friends challenger ran constant 13.4s at the track and I put car lengths on her every time we run, same with my brother in law. So hopefully Torries tune will put me where I wanna be, and if not on the 93, I will go again once Borla comes out with their exhaust and I will be running a fully dialed in E30 tune at that time.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts