Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out cruising, stopped at a light next to a beautiful SS coupe. Saw the word "FIFTY" on the side, so it's a Nightfall Gray 2017.

Light changed, so I punched it (launched from idle, S mode). I immediately heard his monster V8 rev, game on.

At 30, didn't see him.
At 50, saw and heard him.
Went by me at ~60, was like being passed by an F/A-18 Hornet (sound was incredible).
Stayed in it a little longer, he put 3-4 car lengths on me.

Next light I had him roll down his window, conversation went something like this:

Me - "Nice race! Fusion Sport, 325 hp."
Him - "455 hp. Yeah, I didn't expect that."
Me - "Beautiful car (thumbs up)".
Him - "Thanks"

And for a moment, everything was good in the world. :cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I rented that car last month for our honeymoon-Im a “Ford guy� myself, have always been anti- camaro and have owned 3 Mustangs....that car was awesome. Felt very nearly as fast as my uncles 17 Stingray but much more comfortable for daily driving. Feels very light also- great handler in the Northern California hills. Great car, just dont like the tiny windows and terrible interior. From my experience in both cars, its in a far different league than a stock 17-18 Sport. Great drag story btw.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also a longtime Ford guy here (owned 10 V8 Mustangs). Briefly had a '10 V6 Camaro, nice car but hard to see out of.

Yes, SS is definitely in a different league but I was interested to see how a 100% bone stock FS fared. Was fun, and the SS driver was a decent guy.

Nice of him to "humor" me with a race. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also a longtime Ford guy here (owned 10 V8 Mustangs). Briefly had a '10 V6 Camaro, nice car but hard to see out of.

Yes, SS is definitely in a different league but I was interested to see how a 100% bone stock FS fared. Was fun, and the SS driver was a decent guy.

Nice of him to "humor" me with a race. lol
I'm thinking our car can hurt some feelings when fully modded. I wonder how that Twin Force Fusion guy from YouTube is doing

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm thinking our car can hurt some feelings when fully modded. I wonder how that Twin Force Fusion guy from YouTube is doing
TwinForce_Fusion has a couple of new youtube videos. He's installing an Ultimate Performance Garrett Intercooler:

And here, he's stumbled upon a ""mystery part," with his running commentary this is an entertaining video:

...I'm looking forward to TwinForce_Fusion providing new track times with his FMIC!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking our car can hurt some feelings when fully modded ...
Our car can definitely surprise some people, that's part of the fun!

The owner of the Charger Hemi I raced today at the drags told me he sent a pic of my car to his friends saying "Look at what just beat me!"
(I only had him by two-hundredth's of a second, lol)

I wonder how that Twin Force Fusion guy from YouTube is doing
TwinForce_Fusion has a couple of new youtube videos ...
I keep a close eye on that guy, the stuff he's doing and the methodical way he does it is intriguing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, I had an S550 Mustang GT. Big difference. But now I can drive in Winter! lol
The Better 16+ Stock SS's I've run against with the auto are running in the 11's to 12's depending on tires., the manuals in the low to mid 12's. They are pretty quick cars but visualy I'd take a Mustang or a challenger any day.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The Better 16+ Stock SS's I've run against with the auto are running in the 11's to 12's depending on tires., the manuals in the low to mid 12's. They are pretty quick cars but visualy I'd take a Mustang or a challenger any day.
18 mustangs are running that also.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The day I ran my car at the track (temp ~80 deg) there was a bone stock 16 SS manual running 12.6's.

While we are comparing apples and oranges lol
It's all good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts