Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my vogtland lowering springs in the mail straight from Germany.

Bought them from brewcityboost for 165 USD. Can't wait to get them on, they feel stiff as hell so I think they'll be great with helping handling.
Hopefully I dont take an eye out with the spring compressor:p

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does anyone know if changing springs does anything to the dampening on the cars? I have no clue how that works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know if changing springs does anything to the dampening on the cars? I have no clue how that works.
Data gathered from other users in this forum shows the ride height sensors need to be adjusted back to their original sitting position in order to get the CCD system to work like stock.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Data gathered from other users in this forum shows the ride height sensors need to be adjusted back to their original sitting position in order to get the CCD system to work like stock.

Thanks, was considering Steeda ones, from what I've seen they are a little less drop. I don't need to be worrying about hitting speed bumps and driveways. What should I search to find how to adjust sensors?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finished installing the springs, the car looks great. Can't wait to get it out on the street to try everything out.

A few things about the install:
I found it really difficult to get the rear shock bottom mount lined up properly so it would thread the bolt in. I ended up unbolting the shock from the top of the wheelwell, it made lining everything up much easier. The top mount bolts had some red threadlock on it from factory so I replaced it with locktite 277 just to be safe.

This was my first time dealing with springs on a car so it took a bit of figuring but overall only took about 6 hours. I followed the steeda instruction pdf for their springs which made it a bit simpler. I considered making a YouTube video but I had a feeling everyone would make fun of my struggling:LOL:

All you need for this is some good jackstands, a jack or two, a quality set of impact sockets(preferably no sizes skipped from 10-24mm), I used a crappy electric 1/2 impact that had no trouble breaking free the bolts, a socket set, hammer, screwdrivers, Allen keys for the lock nuts on struts and sway bars, and a MacPherson strut spring compressor(rented for free from parts store).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, was considering Steeda ones, from what I've seen they are a little less drop. I don't need to be worrying about hitting speed bumps and driveways. What should I search to find how to adjust sensors?
Before I lowered I used a paint pen to mark where they sat stock and just hammered the bracket so they sat the same. You can also guess and check if you didn't mark them. It's a noticible difference in handling so you'll notice when it's changed.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Great job! Give us some feedback on ride quality, handling, and road feel please. My biggest complaint on the sport is lack of feel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great job! Give us some feedback on ride quality, handling, and road feel please. My biggest complaint on the sport is lack of feel.
The ride quality in "comfort" is now somewhat comparable to what it felt like in "sport", while sport is very stiff and feels great. Body roll is significantly reduced in both modes as well. It definitely makes the car feel more connected to the road, and I bet with swaybars this thing would be absolutely planted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts