Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions about tunes for the 2017 sport ... first, are there any tunes available, or definitely in the works that would be covered under the warranty. Also I have never tuned a car before and don't therefore have any "tuner"... what is the best way to go about tuning the sport and would it be best if I went to a shop to have it done since I don't own a tuner or have any experience in this... I live in the Virginia Beach area if anyone can help point me in the direction of a decent place to bring the sport to possibly have it tuned .

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
No warranty-friendly tunes are in the works. Someone contacted Ford Performance about it, and they said they'd "like to develop a tune, but are only able to if there's enough interest." (that's paraphrased). There's a thread in the tuning section on that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a few questions about tunes for the 2017 sport ... first, are there any tunes available, or definitely in the works that would be covered under the warranty. Also I have never tuned a car before and don't therefore have any "tuner"... what is the best way to go about tuning the sport and would it be best if I went to a shop to have it done since I don't own a tuner or have any experience in this... I live in the Virginia Beach area if anyone can help point me in the direction of a decent place to bring the sport to possibly have it tuned .
HP Tuners VCM Suite "Standard" for Ford vehicles - Unleashed Tuning

Unleashed has an amazing reputation. IIRC, they offer both the HPTuner and SCT tuner options now. You can go with either one (I'm partial to the HPTuner, just because of the extra functionality and it's smaller).

As for warranty, good luck. Even the Ford performance tunes will limit your warranty severly. In my experience, as long as you have someone reputable tuning for you, you don't have a lot to worry about. But with that said, things 'can' happen... you have to pay to play. Its a risk you have to take if you want to monkey around and start modifying things.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
140 Posts
What is the difference between the two? Why would I choose one over the other?
Just two different pieces of software to change the same internal ECU parameters of your car. It's all preference.

SCT has a long history in making tuning software for Fords. HPTuners is a little newer to the scene as far as I can tell, but they beat SCT to the 2017 models, as they both had to unlock the computer in the Fusion Sport, to be able to allow a tuner to modify said parameters.

So both pieces of hardware/software do the exact same thing. Ignore the link I listed above. This is the one I was talking about.

HPTuners NGauge Custom Programmer - Unleashed Tuning

You can see that it looks like a Gauge. You can mount it in a gauge pod and use it's digital readout for certain functions (boost level, IAT temps, etc).

The SCT can do the same thing, but it's a lot clunkier/uglier

SCT X4 Power Flash Programmer - Unleashed Tuning

edit: If you get a custom tune from Unleashed, hardware doesn't matter.... the tune will be identical

·
Registered
481 Posts
No warranty-friendly tunes are in the works. Someone contacted Ford Performance about it, and they said they'd "like to develop a tune, but are only able to if there's enough interest." (that's paraphrased). There's a thread in the tuning section on that.
i asked this in another thread but doesn't ur factory warranty get replaced with a ford racing one?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
This was the first car I ever tuned. I purchased the SCT X4 from Unleashed with three custom tunes. I have only gotten one of those tunes at the moment, a 91 performance tune. It is incredibly simple to do, you just follow the directions.

Rice, if Ford Racing offers a tune, then you are correct, however there is nothing existing or even being worked on for our car from Ford, and I am not expecting anything from them either.

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the amount of electrical components and other systems the car has it seem like they would be expensive I can't possibly think that tune in the car for an extra hundred horsepower would prove worth it if I might have to eat a giant repair bill even if it has nothing to do with the tune... I can't imagine losing the warranty with all of the systems the car has I'm even thinking of getting the extended one for as long as I can

·
Registered
481 Posts
With the amount of electrical components and other systems the car has it seem like they would be expensive I can't possibly think that tune in the car for an extra hundred horsepower would prove worth it if I might have to eat a giant repair bill even if it has nothing to do with the tune... I can't imagine losing the warranty with all of the systems the car has I'm even thinking of getting the extended one for as long as I can
im in the same boat lol

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im in the same boat lol
The extent of my "tune" for now will be removing bov hose... lol
By the way can foretell through looking at the computer if you have removed the BOV hose even if you put it back on before you bring it in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts