Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played dumb like I was a fan to convince him to launch. Haha. "I've always wondered how fast those things are..."
Anyways, this makes me want a tune very badly. An extra half a second in the 1/4 would have made this race at least equal. I had him to 75-80 then he pulled pretty good; I was in the moment and did not have my TC disabled, so my launch was terrible since I lost traction off the line and the ECU retarded throttle.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Dude you crack me up. But that is pretty good to do that well against a vehicle with 150 HP over us.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lol nice video. Crack me up everytime

·
Registered
868 Posts
LOL, hilarious video! "Give it to me, please!" LMFAO. I bet he changed his undies when he got home after seeing you start to pull away at first! Keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
481 Posts
super shocked you hung as close as you did

·
Registered
626 Posts
Well the GC does weigh like 5100 lbs
Love those things, but a friend of mine was looking at one and told me to change the brakes
they are dealer only and $1200
Really expensive vehicle to own

·
Registered
106 Posts
Man your vidz are hilarious!!

That's awesome that you pulled in front for a bit! Like mentioned, he must of been like WTF kind of fusion is that?! hahaha

Keep em coming :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well the GC does weigh like 5100 lbs
Love those things, but a friend of mine was looking at one and told me to change the brakes
they are dealer only and $1200
Really expensive vehicle to own

Thats because they are brembos. You can change the brakes yourself for a fraction of the cost. You can source the rotors and pads yourself.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very awesome dude!!! Nice vid. I remember the first time I got smoked by an SRT-8 while I was in my Oldsmobile Intrigue. This was 8 or 9 years ago and after being used to smoking Cherokees I was like wtf was that. I've wanted one ever since then.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thats because they are brembos. You can change the brakes yourself for a fraction of the cost. You can source the rotors and pads yourself.
literally was just going to say this lol

·
Registered
624 Posts
I do think sometimes I, maybe we, forget just how fast our Sports are. Something about how it puts the power down, you just do get as big of a rush as the speedo would suggest. I got a reminder the other day without even driving the car.
A guy I met last year while driving my newly tuned Sport in a road rally, posted pictures on Facebook racing at Milan dragway. He drives a really nice C6 corvette. Mostly Stock but still, Corvette. Now in his post he did get smoked by a "badass 500hp" modified G8. BUT again these guys should be out of our league right? I asked him what his time was and he said his "best" time was 12.89 1/4 mile.

We've got a heck of a sleeper folks.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I do think sometimes I, maybe we, forget just how fast our Sports are. Something about how it puts the power down, you just do get as big of a rush as the speedo would suggest. I got a reminder the other day without even driving the car.
A guy I met last year while driving my newly tuned Sport in a road rally, posted pictures on Facebook racing at Milan dragway. He drives a really nice C6 corvette. Mostly Stock but still, Corvette. Now in his post he did get smoked by a "badass 500hp" modified G8. BUT again these guys should be out of our league right? I asked him what his time was and he said his "best" time was 12.89 1/4 mile.

We've got a heck of a sleeper folks.
Yeah, the only thing a C6 corvette has over us is weight savings and less drivetrain loss with RWD only. But considering we have a Fusion Sport with a tune on the forum here that has beat that time (and a few times IIRC) that is pretty amazing.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a story for you

I triggered a national service bulletin for the Jeep SRT8.

In a previous life, I was a Manager of a Department with a DCJ Dealership. I inspected every new car that we received for shipping damage at the drop yard that was 5 miles away from the dealership. Additionally, I was the only person in my Department permitted to deliver all the HP vehicles to the Dealership...The Chargers, Vipers, SRT300, SRT Cherokees, SRT Neons. One day I was delivering a SRT Cherokee, this was the first one I think I delivered. There is a one mile long hill, fairly straight, that was part of the drive. Okay time to see what this thing is made of....so I cleared the one intersection at the bottom of the hill and put my foot into it. WWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA, the rpms were adding up and I'm getting close to the next shift point and this awful sound of metal going pingpingpingpingpingpingping, stutter stutter and dead engine. I kilt it. Vehicle had less than 15 miles on it from factory, a bench tested motor, I had driven it about 1/2 mile.

When I looked in the rear view mirror, I expected to see a trail of parts and fluid, but nothing. Whatever happened it was catastrophic. The vehicle was towed from the scene, the motor was opened up and it turns out a wrist pin had been thrown, piston separated from the rod and it just munched the engine.

Before anyone decides to jump on me for being somehow irresponsible in this matter, if you are about to pony up $60k on a SRT Jeep and you have never driven one before and you are out with the salesman, what are you going to do? You're going to mash that pedal a few times to see what you are buying, or the salesman is going to do it too. Now, how embarrassing would it have been for the dealership to have a customer blow an engine on a test drive? I kinda see this as Russian Roullette, except in this case it was my turn in the barrel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts