Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Pretty much confirms the suspicion that what you hear inside the cabin is electronically generated in my opinion... Did you just wash it or was that water being generated by the car?

I sure hope the aftermarket gets going on bolt ons and tunes for this car soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds better than my dart! Lol

Just a question for those who might know. Is there a reason he lets off as it gets to redline as opposed to holding it there for a second or two?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Pretty much confirms the suspicion that what you hear inside the cabin is electronically generated in my opinion... I sure hope the aftermarket gets going on bolt ons and tunes for this car soon.
I have the same suspicion... It sounds throaty in the cabin, but can't seem to hear the same notes when standing outside. I've tried to listen which the windows down, but that's notgonnaworkobviously.

Would be curious to see if someone with a nice camera and mic setup could capture what it sounds like taking off and a WOT drive by.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm sure Borla would come out with something to "remedy" this soon. They tend to be quick on the market with new vehicles

·
Registered
624 Posts
But even if you get a new exhaust will this mostly just remedy the problem for those outside the car? If we hearing manufactured sound can we turn it off to better hear the real thing?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does the audio/speaker system have its own fuse? I'm wondering whether you could temporarily pull that fuse and see if it'll let you drive the car to determine if the "sound effects" disappear. Unless of course the "sound effects" have their own amp and dedicated speakers...

I've seen in some cars, the "sound effects" system has its own fuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts