Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pretty neat!

I wonder if this would be good during rush hour traffic lol Stop and go continuously with that feature... would there be a glitch.. I'm paranoid about technology like this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While it is cool, I'm sure it would get annoying after awhile and the sensor becomes less sensitive/accurate

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've got the ACC with stop and go and I drive 54 miles one way to work. 48 Miles of my commute is highway through the gauntlet of SE Michigan.

First morning commute and here are my thoughts:
1. It takes the stress out of driving
2. I don't trust it enough when traffic goes from 60 to 0
3. Still trying to find the optimal following distance at highway cruise... bouncing between 2 and 3 bars (following indicators)
4. Allows me to focus more on Pokemoning

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very cool but like you I am skeptical.

If the car hits someone while in this mode I am still at fault so I'd rather be in control.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've got the ACC with stop and go and I drive 54 miles one way to work. 48 Miles of my commute is highway through the gauntlet of SE Michigan.

First morning commute and here are my thoughts:
1. It takes the stress out of driving
2. I don't trust it enough when traffic goes from 60 to 0
3. Still trying to find the optimal following distance at highway cruise... bouncing between 2 and 3 bars (following indicators)
4. Allows me to focus more on Pokemoning
Priorities ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Very cool but like you I am skeptical.

If the car hits someone while in this mode I am still at fault so I'd rather be in control.
I've had a chance to use this a bit more... and I'll tell you that I'm gaining more and more trust. I've even had situations with people cutting into the gap and the car handles it well. I still brake hover when I know things are getting dicey, but I've never had to intervene.

·
Registered
177 Posts
For me (getting a little older and maybe not as attentive a driver at all times as I should be) this might save my bacon if I look down. My next car WILL have ACC (and lane keeping and blind spot monitoring).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree with you drbob1, not so much getting older, although that sure beats the alternative, but anything that can be a backup in moments of distraction or unanticipated actions by traffic or pedestrians is a plus and was a big part of my own justification in getting those options. I haven't really tried them yet but I like have the option in such a great performing package.

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts