Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
When I bought mine one of the rims was bent and causing my steering wheel to shake! I was really happy when the dealer replaced the $700 rim for free馃榿
The dealer I bought that car from are jerks the car ended up needing a lot of work and when I bought it the car had a cracked rim found out someone put jb weld on it, I ended up going with all new wheels and tires because the one that was cracked was bent also. But still didn鈥檛 fix the issue. I have an appointment next Friday at the dealer they will probably keep the car for a week 馃檮

Registered
Yikes. The bent rim makes me wonder if there is some deeper damage to the suspension. Luckily it sounds like its covered by the dealer, best of luck getting all of that sorted out.

Registered
Just for reference. I Mic'd a set of stock rims (on my balancer) when I was having vibe problems and they were almost dead nuts (mine vibes turned out to be stock tires).
Hence why I bought a second set of stockers, vs some cheaper junk for winter use.

I still get vibes on cold tires that have sat. Many say tires don't flat spot, but that is BS. I have less than a mile and I can be on the highway.
The first couple miles @ freezing or below is a vibe fest over 60, after car sits for couple days in the winter.

Registered
Current tires do not flat spot as bad as the old nylon tires did, however, agree the new ones still do. High performance tires will flat spot more than middle of the pack tires. Flat spotting disappears within 5 miles or so,

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Yikes. The bent rim makes me wonder if there is some deeper damage to the suspension. Luckily it sounds like its covered by the dealer, best of luck getting all of that sorted out.
I don鈥檛 think it would do that, it wasn鈥檛 noticeable at all and it balanced out perfect, it wasn鈥檛 a huge bend, only noticeable when balancing. But I could be wrong about it damaging another part, lemme tell ya this car has a mind of it鈥檚 own it鈥檚 always had some type of problem since day 1 馃槀

21 - 25 of 25 Posts