Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
No, same perforated seats except there is a cooling system that has a fan that forces cool air through the sat bottom. They look the same but give you a sensation of wet pants!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Totally disagree with that "wet pants" assessment. I will not go back to non-air-conditioned seats. They're so nice.

Reactions: DuFFman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Based on yellingdog's assessment, I will consider the cooled seats as an essential option. I assume that if you get the cooled seats, then you give up the heated seats? If so, that's okay, because the cloth seating surfaces (well, Miko suede, but we all know that's a fancy term for cloth) will not be cold during the winter. My 1990 Taurus SHO (the original with the beautiful Yamaha engine--before they covered alloy engines with ugly black plastic covers-- not the current overweight, overpriced version) had similar cloth and leather seats, which were very comfortable, winter or summer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
... I assume that if you get the cooled seats, then you give up the heated seats?
Nope. This option adds cooling to the heated seats that are standard on the Sport. The component list for mine on ETIS shows "With Heated And Cooled Seat" for the Driver and Passenger, and the owners manual shows four controls - heat and cool for each seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You have to watch out for those cooled seats... My last car has "vented" seats and they were nice. These will freeze you on the low setting! I have not been willing to risk high...

·
Registered
78 Posts
They're so cold, it's amazing. My back sweats pretty easily on leather and have the cool air blowing at my back completely stops that for me. Problem solved!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, Wintermoon, the cooled seats have four settings? 1. Cool, 2. Cooler, 3. Freeze Your *ss Off, and 4. Danger! Not If You're Trying to Get Your Wife Pregnant. >:)

Sounds like they work very well. Nothing quite so unpleasant as having a clammy back after a long drive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Living in Texas, this has become one of my top needs for the next car. So glad I can get it in a Fusion. Now I just need to convince the Germans (BMW, VW) to make it an option. Our summer is like seven months long and while a/c is a life-saver, it doesn't stop a sweaty back.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry, I didn't mean it as a bad thing necessarily, I have a 16' with the heated/cooled seats all I meant was the seat bottom is where the cooling takes place. There is no cooling in the seat back, so there is quite a difference in the seat vs. back. That was just my initial impression the first time I used them!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry, I didn't mean it as a bad thing necessarily, I have a 16' with the heated/cooled seats all I meant was the seat bottom is where the cooling takes place. There is no cooling in the seat back, so there is quite a difference in the seat vs. back. That was just my initial impression the first time I used them!
Are the '16 fusion seats the same as '17 fusion sport seats?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Are the '16 fusion seats the same as '17 fusion sport seats?
No, the 17 Fusion Sport seats are unique.

And only the seat bottom is ventilated. What the previous "textor" was feeling was the un-impeded Airflow from the back portion of the seat bottom. The majority of the vented portion of the seat bottom is covered by your legs and butt, but many people's behind is not completely all the way back on the seat bottom.

·
Registered
529 Posts
My $.02... if you have the $400 over X years... then get them.... it's trivial. You'll appreciate them on a hot summer day, nothing worse that sitting down on a 105* leather seat.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think it'll be worth it. Majority of people don't really sit fully flat towards the back anyways so we can sort of consider it a "back cooler" as well ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts