·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
67 Posts
Can't wait to see it on !

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not much to see, it's behind the grill, LOL. I wish they weren't so pricey, and wonder how much of difference they make far as intake temps go.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
the inlet flair is different then mine ?
20200511_175813.jpg flair .jpg

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I am behind the times lol

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
[...] and wonder how much of difference they make far as intake temps go.
I asked way back when they first started selling them for the Sport and never got a straight answer - just a response of "Performance boosting products (other than the engine itself) is probably last on [Ford's] list of parts to include in a car in this class" and "You will see these types of aero induction parts on higher end BMWs and all porsches and ferraris".

I'm not knocking a company that wants to sell mods for our cars at all. I just personally can't shell out $240 for something without knowing if it's worth it (and I personally wouldn't do it just for the looks, at least on a Fusion Sport).

Side question - do the 4th gen kits still require us to cut the little tabs off the radiator support opening?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I asked way back when they first started selling them for the Sport and never got a straight answer - just a response of "Performance boosting products (other than the engine itself) is probably last on [Ford's] list of parts to include in a car in this class" and "You will see these types of aero induction parts on higher end BMWs and all porsches and ferraris".

I'm not knocking a company that wants to sell mods for our cars at all. I just personally can't shell out $240 for something without knowing if it's worth it (and I personally wouldn't do it just for the looks, at least on a Fusion Sport).

Side question - do the 4th gen kits still require us to cut the little tabs off the radiator support opening?
Yes the instructions are the same and you have to cut the plastic on the support

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not much to see, it's behind the grill, LOL. I wish they weren't so pricey, and wonder how much of difference they make far as intake temps go.
They do actually make a difference with IAT temps while moving & they also help with temp recovery

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I never had a problem with the stock setup. Ran 12.7 tune-only with a bad initial tune with half the parameters undefined. LOL.

·
Registered
545 Posts
An actual ram air hood would be way better, but still gonna get a few bugs in it, LOL

Reactions: FusionPhil

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
An actual ram air hood would be way better, but still gonna get a few bugs in it, LOL
On the SHO the factory snorkle intake sits behind the hood weatherstripping seal. So I notched the seal which results in a straight flow of air into the snorkel. I never saw any performance benefits or change in IAT but it collected a LOT more debris and bugs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts