Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have an aftermarket FMIC and with it removed the shutter/air diffuser assembly; will that affect the install of the big mouth? I don't think it will but wanted to confirm, thanks!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have an aftermarket FMIC and with it removed the shutter/air diffuser assembly; will that affect the install of the big mouth? I don't think it will but wanted to confirm, thanks!
You would have to trim it if you left it on like I did. I modified mine so I can keep the shroud with the aftermarket intercooler I'll be installing soon. Shouldn't be any issues if you left it off completely.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I wasn't sure if the bottom of the big mouth rested on/was supported by the shroud, thanks!

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Hey everyone. We are running a black friday sale. If anyone missed out on the group buy last month, you can still get in on a serious discount starting today until the 24th.

The current sale price is reduced from 239 down to 209, on top of that is the 15% discount!! It doesnt get much better than that (unless you joined last months group buy of course!).

Anyway, I really hope you guys jump on this because the price wont be this low for a while, and we want to give everyone a chance.

P.S. VT also just signed up for premium vendorship! We are the first premium vendor to join the site, I am so excited about this, you guys are a great group of people and this forum deserves the support.

[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/velossatech/media/BLACKFRIDAYFUSION_zpsv3mcqckz.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would love a cover for the Steada CAI. That shouldn't be too hard to make and I think it would be beneficial to a lot of Sport owners with the CAI.

·
Registered
563 Posts
^^ not following; what would a cover do for the steeda CAI?

·
Registered
153 Posts
^^ not following; what would a cover do for the steeda CAI?

I’m guessing a better seal than relying on their method of sealing the box to the hood. Oreo had found that it was not sealing completely against the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would like to hear some people's opinions on it after installing it before the black friday sale ends.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i received mine this weekend. Super fast delivery! ill try and install over the long holiday weekend. They do come with some in depth install instructions.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is what I did to seal the gap on my Steeda CAI. It can be purchased at Value, or Lowes ,etc Its foam rubber gasket for sealing all kinds of stuff Frost King is the name. It worked good and is cheep $4.00 for a roll. Sticky on one side. Seals good to the hood. Bucket

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey everyone. We are running a black friday sale. If anyone missed out on the group buy last month, you can still get in on a serious discount starting today until the 24th.

The current sale price is reduced from 239 down to 209, on top of that is the 15% discount!! It doesnt get much better than that (unless you joined last months group buy of course!).

Anyway, I really hope you guys jump on this because the price wont be this low for a while, and we want to give everyone a chance.

P.S. VT also just signed up for premium vendorship! We are the first premium vendor to join the site, I am so excited about this, you guys are a great group of people and this forum deserves the support.

[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/velossatech/media/BLACKFRIDAYFUSION_zpsv3mcqckz.jpg.html][/URL]
Any chance of a "Happy New Year" sale or another group buy code for those of us that recently joined the group? 0:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am going to get a Big Mouth soon. I just purchased an intercooler ,the piggy bank don't rattle no mo .LOL

Reactions: gjhazlett

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Most performance shops offer big "Tax Season" sales, I plan on purchasing a few things around that time, plus it will be warmer
and I can actually install the parts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For those of you who already have the Velossa product installed, I have two questions. 1) Has there been any noticeable improvement in performance? 2) Has there been any negative effect on engine cooling due to the area of the radiator that is behind the air inlet? The effected area looks small relatively speaking, but just curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
For those of you who already have the Velossa product installed, I have two questions. 1) Has there been any noticeable improvement in performance? 2) Has there been any negative effect on engine cooling due to the area of the radiator that is behind the air inlet? The effected area looks small relatively speaking, but just curious. Thanks!
And I hope the answer isn't ... "well I could feel with the seat of my pants" or "it might be the placebo effect"....

61 - 80 of 99 Posts