Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Honest question:

I still really don't understand, if this is such an improvement to performance and efficiency, why wouldn't Ford put something similar built into their models by now since the majority of Ford's sold come with EcoBoost engines as standard?

My other concern is that it appears to be taking up a good amount of space in front of the radiator. As most Sport owners know, these cars' engine bays get very very hot, I wouldn't want to make it worse, the heat soak is already bad and noticeable enough.

Is there something I'm still missing? Sorry. Really not trolling or anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Why are you guys going after the vendors that are trying to support our very small market.

Remarks about Steeda product and now Velossa Tech will drive innovation away from our doors.

Everybody begging for support but critiquing everything that is coming down the pipe. Enjoy your stock Sports.

I want more and will put my money down not the vendor or their products.

Reactions: SheepdogNC

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
I'm not going after any vendors. I can see reasons to do mods such as suspension, strut tower braces, turns, etc. I understand why Ford doesn't make the car lower or push more power from factory with a tune.

These are fairly new to the market (or at least have suddenly exploded in popularity just recently) so I'm simply asking for them to explain and show the benefits of it. Over $200 is a lot of money. If it really does something I'll save up and gladly buy it for sure. But I'm not made of money. If ANY VENDOR can show me proof of the benefits, I'll buy it. If they simply say "hey, this makes you go faster!" and doesn't show me anything further, no thanks. I'm not putting them down, I'm asking for details. Thats what customers who buy a company's product do, and it's the company's job to explain why it's needed. Simple as that.

Steeda is a different story about a CS issue and completely unrelated to VelossaTech and their product.

And for the record, so far I am indeed enjoying my stock Sport very much. I'll take more if it's out there and proven, but I'm not buying cars purely because of the aftermarket support.

·
Registered
20 Posts
DaMiFo, if you want a safe bet with numbers, start with either the Livernois or Unleashed tune. The graphs on Livernois web site show you the gains with data, and all the folks on here that have tracked their cars with both Livernois and Unleashed tunes, have posted results. Roughly 400HP and 450 lbft or torque after a 93 octane tune. You'll feel the difference. Glad you like your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
DaMiFo, if you want a safe bet with numbers, start with either the Livernois or Unleashed tune. The graphs on Livernois web site show you the gains with data, and all the folks on here that have tracked their cars with both Livernois and Unleashed tunes, have posted results. Roughly 400HP and 450 lbft or torque after a 93 octane tune. You'll feel the difference. Glad you like your new ride.
I already do run the Livernois 93 tune. And my Sport's birthday is next week! But thank you.

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
69 Posts
Honest question:

I still really don't understand, if this is such an improvement to performance and efficiency, why wouldn't Ford put something similar built into their models by now since the majority of Ford's sold come with EcoBoost engines as standard?

My other concern is that it appears to be taking up a good amount of space in front of the radiator. As most Sport owners know, these cars' engine bays get very very hot, I wouldn't want to make it worse, the heat soak is already bad and noticeable enough.

Quick answer, because these are luxury cars that have a performance trim. They will always be luxury cars first. Most people buying them don't care about any of the mods that we are doing outside of maybe an exhaust and wheels. Ford performance has no immediate plans to support this car, but they do offer similar upgrades for the other cars they support. They sell upgraded snorkels for the Focus and Fiesta platforms. It's just a matter of why charge a customer for extra stuff that they don't care about. The ones who do care can do it on their own time. The car works fine for daily driving as it is out of the box.

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Honest question:

Ford as a manufacturer has a lot of constraints to abide by when designing and manufacturing a car. Performance boosting products (other than the engine itself) is probably last on their list of parts to include in a car in this class. You will see these types of aero induction parts on higher end BMWs and all porsches and ferraris. High pressure induction parts are not a priority for Ford for this platform. They are trying to focus on making as many of these cars as possible with minimal expenses. If they can attain their project goals of safety, fuel economy, cost, lead time and logistics and power goals without including particular performance parts, then they will leave them out for cost savings. They sell many volumes of these cars and their margins are slim, they will be very picky about including particular parts unless they really cannot achieve their target platform goals.

Ecoboost come with pretty restrictive exhaust components for example, if there are better exhaust components out there, why didnt ford include them? Simple answer is probably cost and EPA regulations along with manufacturing constraints.

The automotive aftermarket exists for this very reason. If you want Ferrari-like parts on your Fusion sport, you come to companies like ours that specialize in high efficiency aero induction components, Ford doesn't want to spend 500,000 dollars a year on CFD analysts to design an intake part like this one, if they can achieve their power goals by turning up the OEM factory boost by 0.2 psi and leave it at that, goal achieved with one less part.

Since this is an ecoboost enthusiasts forum, our goals dont quite line up with Fords. We want to mod our cars to make more power than what Ford gave us, and to do this, we need to get those parts that Ford did not include, since their goals are not aligned with ours.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ford as a manufacturer has a lot of constraints to abide by when designing and manufacturing a car. Performance boosting products (other than the engine itself) is probably last on their list of parts to include in a car in this class. You will see these types of aero induction parts on higher end BMWs and all porsches and ferraris. High pressure induction parts are not a priority for Ford for this platform. They are trying to focus on making as many of these cars as possible with minimal expenses. If they can attain their project goals of safety, fuel economy, cost, lead time and logistics and power goals without including particular performance parts, then they will leave them out for cost savings. They sell many volumes of these cars and their margins are slim, they will be very picky about including particular parts unless they really cannot achieve their target platform goals.

Ecoboost come with pretty restrictive exhaust components for example, if there are better exhaust components out there, why didnt ford include them? Simple answer is probably cost and EPA regulations along with manufacturing constraints.

The automotive aftermarket exists for this very reason. If you want Ferrari-like parts on your Fusion sport, you come to companies like ours that specialize in high efficiency aero induction components, Ford doesn't want to spend 500,000 dollars a year on CFD analysts to design an intake part like this one, if they can achieve their power goals by turning up the OEM factory boost by 0.2 psi and leave it at that, goal achieved with one less part.

Since this is an ecoboost enthusiasts forum, our goals dont quite line up with Fords. We want to mod our cars to make more power than what Ford gave us, and to do this, we need to get those parts that Ford did not include, since their goals are not aligned with ours.

Another key factor for manufacturer's these days is common parts between platforms. Look at what Toyota did years ago where they could use the same parts across several markets and vehicles. Were able to cut manufacturing costs dramatically. Parts that only fit one specific model (or a sub model in our case) cost a lot to tool and train the line. A couple hours of labor is low cost to us, but multiply that by the entire lines time, and suddenly a plant is running at 1-2 cars per day slower. Thats a huge hit to them. In my line of work theres a common poster. Fast, Good or Cheap, you can only have 2 of the 3.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im happy to announce that Velossa has finally came out with a big mouth that is a direct fit for the 2017 Sport the! The product is 1-2 weeks out but the sooner you order one the faster you will get it! I have already placed an order for mine and can't wait to see it!! The coupon you will want to use is 12off which is 12% off! Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
WOW... Thanks for the discount code...still too steep for me....$50 more for the Sport.... I know they have had to re-engineer it, but can't see the ROI at that price...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Im happy to announce that Velossa has finally came out with a big mouth that is a direct fit for the 2017 Sport the! The product is 1-2 weeks out but the sooner you order one the faster you will get it! I have already placed an order for mine and can't wait to see it!! The coupon you will want to use is 12off which is 12% off! Enjoy
On order too.
Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
im curious to know how u like it and if it will make any noticeable difference

Unfortunately, Velossatech is running behind.

Ordered 05 Sep. This is the answer to my request for product to ship week of 9 Oct 17.

"Your order will not be finished by that date due to a sales influx and our efforts to catch up with all of our orders post-Irma.
Please allow around another 2-3 weeks for your order to finish production.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, Stephen! 😊"
Tamir Dagan
Operations
Velossa Tech Engineering Inc.
Hollywood, FL

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Unfortunately, Velossatech is running behind.

Ordered 05 Sep. This is the answer to my request for product to ship week of 9 Oct 17.

"Your order will not be finished by that date due to a sales influx and our efforts to catch up with all of our orders post-Irma.
Please allow around another 2-3 weeks for your order to finish production.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, Stephen! 😊"
Tamir Dagan
Operations
Velossa Tech Engineering Inc.
Hollywood, FL
obviously understandable. keep us updated!

Reactions: Flew

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Hey guys, Dan here!

We are dispatching our first batch of fusion sports today and tomorrow. We will start sending out emails with tracking info as soon as humanly possible. I am so sorry for the delays on this release. And yes, to answer the other individual, Hurricane Irma shut us down for half of September and we ended up getting so backed up that our September orders were only being fulfilled in October, and etc... But now we are finally catching up!

Ray C has been a HUGE help to us by sending us these awesome pictures of the very first BIG MOUTH ram air installed on a customer car. Ray bought our original 2G ram air kit and took the risk, unfortunately the original 2G did not fit at all and we had to re-design the Fusion Sport intake from the ground up.

This is a completely new intake. I mean literally, completely different from the original 2G. So different in fact, that we will be discontinuing the original 2G big mouth and using sport big mouths as the standard big mouth for bother the 2G and Sport. It's just better in every way. Why you may ask?

The Fusion sport is our first product we ever released using our structured light 3D Scanner. We just acquired it, about 4 months ago. And devoted it to developing very complex shapes like these intakes. The part is refined and I lost count of how many revisions we went through (actually I didn't lose count, 32 to be exact)

Here is what a 3d scan looks like, we have the geometry in our CAD models and the big mouth was designed around the egg-crate.

I wanted to apologize for the delay, again. Those of you who know me from the Focus and Fiesta community know that I am passionate about customer support. I lose sleep over these things.

Hope to be a part of the community and offer many new products for the Sport, you guys are a good group.

best,

D

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thanks for the great product. I'm Ray C, btw. I posted a bunch more of my install pictures on my build thread.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts