Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Which Facebook group is that? I'm about yo use it for the first time actually. I need to drain a bit to get a sample out of it. The only thing I worry about is what Lincoln might say if they see it. Guess we'll find out soon lol.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
Fusion Sport Entusiasts..

I'm installing mine tonight. I noticed the O ring on my factory one was starting to seep, which from what i've read and know, is a common issue with these.. Am I correct?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Fusion Sport Entusiasts..

I'm installing mine tonight. I noticed the O ring on my factory one was starting to seep, which from what i've read and know, is a common issue with these.. Am I correct?
I honestly haven't had that issue but I changed the oil once ar 1200 and then again at 3200. I think I had Ford change it at 6000 and then at 11000. I installed the ronin at 13k and I'm sitting st just over 16 now. I can tell you that when I installed the ronin my stock plug had one ear starting to break off. But other than that I never had issues with it leaking or breaking when I did it. Pretty sure it's technically supposed to be replaced every oil change.

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
Ford recommends replacing the factory oil pan plug at every oil change. It's like 4 dollars. I ran mine for 7 changed never had an issue but changed it anyway on my last oil change.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I read some of the reviews for the Ronin and one person said it was a 2 piece design where you needed to keep one piece in a glove box in order to drain the oil? I think I will stick with using the plastic plugs for now until I see a design that I like. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, none of the oil splashes on the shield for my Fusion Sport and it isn't messy at all. Worst case scenario is that the oil splashed on the underbody acts as a corrosion inhibitor.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I read some of the reviews for the Ronin and one person said it was a 2 piece design where you needed to keep one piece in a glove box in order to drain the oil? I think I will stick with using the plastic plugs for now until I see a design that I like. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, none of the oil splashes on the shield for my Fusion Sport and it isn't messy at all. Worst case scenario is that the oil splashed on the underbody acts as a corrosion inhibitor.
I don't keep it in my glove box. I keep it in the trunk in a Ziploc bag next to the fuel funnel (also in a Ziploc) and latex gloves.

I was kind of miffed about it at first but honestly it isnt half bad in my opinion. The part has a nipple and screws into the plug to push open the valve. You literally control the speed at which you want this to drain. It's going to make taking samples of the oil a breeze. The only thing is the magnet on the inside will catch any ferrous metal in the oil unfortunately.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Another 5k miles, another magnet full of metal.

I was using Amsoil SS oil and filter on this interval too... so “premium” oil and filter.
I decided to try Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for the next 5K mike and see what the magnet looks like after that. Still using an Amsoil filter this time. I might try a different filter next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I

Nope. Never done one of those. It just seems like a lot of metal on the the inside plug to me. Gonna see if there’s a noticeably less with the Pennzoil.
If you haven't had a UOA performed, visually observing the amount of fine ferrous particles on a magnet isn't useful information, at all, other than maybe if you got large chunks of metal.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ya somewhat normal that is why they make magnetic drain plugs, if you never had one you would never know this is normal.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts