Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I don't think a magnet is needed, given our filter should catch it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered one today. Should be here In time for me to change my oil this weekend. I’ll post whether it fits.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I just saw the Ronin one as well. I think it is a better design but the OEM plastic plugs are fairly cheap and they last long enough. I re-used my factory drain plug.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I like the UPR it is just like stock easy to maintenance with one o-ring but is bullet proof compared to stock plastic. I will wait to hear how Hootushead likes it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got the UPR plug installed tonight. Seems to fit like stock but, I’m going to keep a close eye on it for leaks for awhile. I will let you all know if I have any issues.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I can't justify the price honestly. I bought the Ronin Factory for mine so I don't have to worry about any more freaking messes. I can even connect a drain hose to it now and not have to remove the bottom cover anymore.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Ronin plug is a nice design, but how many stock oil plugs could I buy before I reached the $80 point? Sure it makes oil changes easier, but it's too pricey for me to consider.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The Ronin plug is a nice design, but how many stock oil plugs could I buy before I reached the $80 point? Sure it makes oil changes easier, but it's too pricey for me to consider.
It was a big price but I got tired of waiting for fumoto and I got tired of the geyser that happens when you change our oil. Now I get nice controlled drain that's easy to manage. Thats worth it to me.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I can't justify the price honestly. I bought the Ronin Factory for mine so I don't have to worry about any more freaking messes. I can even connect a drain hose to it now and not have to remove the bottom cover anymore.

When was your fusion built? I don't have to remove the cover for the engine or PTU drains.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When was your fusion built? I don't have to remove the cover for the engine or PTU drains.

My MKZ rolled off the line on June 4th 2018. And I remove the bottom cover to make sure I don't get any oil on it. The oil plug sits right above it But I also don't have a deep open pan or bucket for the geyser of oil that comes out not to mention how messy to grab an oil sample.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I use a red mop bucket from Walmart to catch my oil it's taller then the old oil pan which are often low, gets me a few inches from the drain plug not a single drop on the ground and no need to remove shield.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It was a big price but I got tired of waiting for fumoto and I got tired of the geyser that happens when you change our oil. Now I get nice controlled drain that's easy to manage. Thats worth it to me.

Just picked one up from Ronin, how do you like it so far?

Some people on the FB groups say no to these.. but, we know how online know it alls are

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just picked one up from Ronin, how do you like it so far?

Some people on the FB groups say no to these.. but, we know how online know it alls are
Which Facebook group is that? I'm about yo use it for the first time actually. I need to drain a bit to get a sample out of it. The only thing I worry about is what Lincoln might say if they see it. Guess we'll find out soon lol.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts