Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Agree with MY27FUSION.
The last mod I made was installing the upper trans mount in an attempt to gain some 60ft time benefit. It helped with launching but destroyed my previously tolerable NVH levels in the car. Vibration at idle that rattles the interior mirror. Vibration at particular rpm ranges that sets up a dull, low frequency “roar” inside the car. It transmits transmission noise into the body structure. You can hear the transmission gears whining inside the car, especially during lift-throttle coasting when you’re on the “back side” of the gears. Passengers who aren’t very car-savvy actually ask “what’s that whining noise?” and I tell them it’s the turbos and they say, “oh!? That’s cool!” Ha!

If quiet, smooth, comfortable cruising is important to you, weigh this option carefully. IMO you won’t notice any performance improvement except at a track, and I only saw it on time slips, couldn’t actually feel it, so the trade-off is steep. P.S. - I found it to be a PITA to install also, required buying a specific star-bit socket in 1/2” drive, and a short socket to get clearance for the thick head of my old Snap-On torque wrench. Very tight spaces when accessed from above.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
749 Posts
I do. I had my tuner raise the idle about 100 rpm and it's tolerable at idle even with AC on. Other than that once it's above idle there is nothing that feels different at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts