Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i’m looking for suggestion on upgraded pads and rotors for the 2017 Ford fusion sport. I’m not looking for a full brake kit with calipers only looking for improved pads and rotors. Any suggestions from people with real world experience or at least knowing somebody has had them work out for them would be great.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
R1 Concepts I grabbed the e-Line rotors and ceramic pads. Huge difference in braking power and performance and they didn't break the budget.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R1 Concepts I grabbed the e-Line rotors and ceramic pads. Huge difference in braking power and performance and they didn't break the budget.
Link to a page? Are they available on Amazon? Should I buy them direct from r1 concepts? What price did you pay? (So I know what type of pricing to compare it to)... I really appreciate it

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts

I got them on sale don't remember the price.
Several guys on the FB group got the Geomat rotors instead.
Picture before you ask...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I want whatever GM used on my girlfriend's 2015 Malibu. 5 years and 100k miles on original pads/rotors/calipers and not rusted at all. Meanwhile my 2018 Explorer's rear brakes are rusted to the point they are dragging. I've always had trouble keeping pads longer than 3-4 years due to the amount of rust and often the pad material separates from the backing plate due to corrosion.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Oreo, I really like those wheels. Where did you get those?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sweet Oreo. Agree. Really like the rims too.

Cobra, list of parts on parts list which may help. Search brakes in the search community. There is quite a few threads on brakes being installed.

I've been shopping online on the weekend and put some EBC GD rotors and red stuff pads in the cart. US about 900$. Just double checking stud holes before ordering. Thanks to DaMiFo for the tip on same rotors on the continental.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
These are my stock front pads I pulled when I upgraded my rotors and breaks. 92,000 miles on them. Think I could have gotten another 20K out of them...

The wheels are stock Sport wheels. The dealer tire tech, new guy, scared one rim and my wife curbed two on onside while parallel parking so while the shop had it fixing the dealer screw up I had them repair the two my wife dinged and asked them to paint them black. because there was no way they were going to match the original wheel color.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are my stock front pads I pulled when I upgraded my rotors and breaks. 92,000 miles on them. Think I could have gotten another 20K out of them... View attachment 26405

The wheels are stock Sport wheels. The dealer tire tech, new guy, scared one rim and my wife curbed two on onside while parallel parking so while the shop had it fixing the dealer screw up I had them repair the two my wife dinged and asked them to paint them black. because there was no way they were going to match the original wheel color.
I scarred one of my front wheels and I'm in the same boat of not being able to get the color matched to repair it... Looking to buy a single 19 in stock wheel from somebody in the group if they have one available

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Are there no wheel repair shops in your area? I mentioned in another thread it cost $150 to $175 to have my bent rim repaired and refinished. Color matched perfectly

·
Registered
206 Posts
Gorgeous Sport, Oreo. And your black wheels look better than the original dark gray color.
Thank you for the link to R1 Concepts. I like your rotors a lot, I just picked up a set from R1 Concepts, along with pads and clips. There's a 22% discount available at this time, too; my total cost was just under $400.
Thank you for posting your picture. Without having seen how brilliant your Sport looks, I never would've purchased these new rotors.
Hat tip to you.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just bought the r1 concept geomet drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads. I really appreciate the help guys. Got in at the last moment for the 22% off

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi forgot to post this earlier. So I contacted EBC on rotors and got this as a reply from a tech manager: hope it helps those shopping for rotors. At this moment I have them on order. Apparently 20 business days away as they aren't in stock at the moment. BTW I have redstuff on order as well.

"Thank you for emailing EBC brakes, I checked fitment on part numbers GD7714 and GD7715 and they are listed for the 2.7L Fusion. Listed below are the rotor specs I list for both rotors.

GD7715
OD 345mm/ height 53mm/ new thickness 32mm/ PCD 108mm center hole 63.6 mm

GD7714
OD 315mm / 51mm height / 11mm new thickness / 108mm PCD / 63.6center hole"

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just scored a heck of a deal on a set R1 Geomet rotors; had been watching their site for discounts; 20% leading into Fathers Day; added the ELine cross drilled and slotted in black to the cart (thought might look a little different in a cool way, and slightly less than the silver); got a message yesterday they were out of stock on those and asked if I’d take the geomet cross drilled and slotted for the same price...uh...yeah!!

Reactions: Cobra427
1 - 16 of 16 Posts