Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contacted by Livernois and they have a V2 of their tune - I hope to get it installed next week and if conditions are OK run it at the track on Weds - This version is supposed to improve the hp and torque curve and address shift points -
I am hoping other Livernois users will get this installed also so they can provide feedback other than mine since mine is based strictly on racing!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I flashed mine today and got to do some interstate driving. I may show my ignorance, but here's my review...

The new tune finally woke up the beast. My wife was in the car and she finally understands why I spent $600 for a plastic box and cables. Engine sounded great and it pulled hard.

Throttle response much better. Cruising rpms looked higher, which means the sweet spot of that torque curve is right under my foot without even having to down shift. The increased revs might hurt longevity a small amount and I think it hurt mpg some. I averaged 26 mpg on highway since the tune. I used to be able to do a bit more than that with the stock tune. But I also was having some fun with it today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I flashed mine today and got to do some interstate driving. I may show my ignorance, but here's my review...

The new tune finally woke up the beast. My wife was in the car and she finally understands why I spent $600 for a plastic box and cables. Engine sounded great and it pulled hard.

Throttle response much better. Cruising rpms looked higher, which means the sweet spot of that torque curve is right under my foot without even having to down shift. The increased revs might hurt longevity a small amount and I think it hurt mpg some. I averaged 26 mpg on highway since the tune. I used to be able to do a bit more than that with the stock tune. But I also was having some fun with it today.
Sounds good. Increased revs? You can push past 6000 rpm now?

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Cruising rpms looked higher, which means the sweet spot of that torque curve is right under my foot without even having to down shift. The increased revs might hurt longevity a small amount and I think it hurt mpg some. I averaged 26 mpg on highway since the tune. I used to be able to do a bit more than that with the stock tune. But I also was having some fun with it today.
There might be a use for those paddles after all. :p

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sounds good. Increased revs? You can push past 6000 rpm now?
I didn't try redlining it. I meant that at cruising speed (60-80) the car on stock tune would settle around 1.5 rpms, now at the same speed it was 2.5 rpms so when I push it a little more to pass it's right in the power band according to the previous dynos.

Like I said, I'm a noob, so sorry if this is nonsense.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I didn't try redlining it. I meant that at cruising speed (60-80) the car on stock tune would settle around 1.5 rpms, now at the same speed it was 2.5 rpms so when I push it a little more to pass it's right in the power band according to the previous dynos.

Like I said, I'm a noob, so sorry if this is nonsense.
When I'm going 100km/h (63mph), my engine sits around 2.1k... and about 2.5k at 120km/h. I noticed this because my 1.5l was about the same.. but I don't have a tune...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Cruising at 60+ puts the car 2k+ without a tune. I haven't seen a change in that with the tune. I do know that when in S mode at lower speeds (55 and below) you tend to hang in 5th gear. You can force it into 6 with the paddles.

I need to get my hands on the V2 tune...:D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Does the tune make sport mode unnecessary? Does it always feel like you're in sport mode (jumpy, higher revs)?
No, Sport mode still definitely feels different. The tune obviously puts more power under your foot in both normal and sport mode, but sport mode still modifies steering, suspension, and shift points, etc.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
V2 loaded this morning - the shift between 2 and 3rd is better but still needs work - still hesitation at launch - however I did not boost it like I do on the track - appears to have slightly higher RPM shift points - Throttle response overall slightly improved - The test will be track Sunday so I will hold further comments until then except to say there is still considerable work to do to get the potential out of this car - As I previously posted - traction will become a issue - I intend on putting performance tires on next spring and maybe do a little tweaking on the suspension

·
Registered
89 Posts
V2 loaded this morning - the shift between 2 and 3rd is better but still needs work - still hesitation at launch - however I did not boost it like I do on the track - appears to have slightly higher RPM shift points - Throttle response overall slightly improved - The test will be track Sunday so I will hold further comments until then except to say there is still considerable work to do to get the potential out of this car - As I previously posted - traction will become a issue - I intend on putting performance tires on next spring and maybe do a little tweaking on the suspension
Interesting that they raised the shift points. I actually had them lower my shift points and showed just as good testing (if not better).

0-60 | Quarter Mile | Stock | Tuned Edge Sport Thread - 2.7L EcoBoost Specific - Ford Edge Forum

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That was just a guess about shift points - just felt like the car wound out more in 2 thur 4 - If I could get them to send me specifics it would certainly help - With the air we should have on Sunday and if the track prep is good there is no reason not to expect high 12 if the changes they made really help!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts