Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the SYNC update today and now my Ford GT theme is gone. I haven't used Forscan in about a year and now I can't connect to fix it.
Any Forscan gurus able to help?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did update Forscan and put in a new licence key

·
Super Moderator
1,417 Posts
The GT theme was removed in v3.2 or later, as well as v3.0 build 19205. The FORScan version or license does not affect what changes you can make, it only affects whether or not the programming function of FORScan is active.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GT theme was removed in v3.2 or later, as well as v3.0 build 19205. The FORScan version or license does not affect what changes you can make, it only affects whether or not the programming function of FORScan is active.
Thanks DaMiFo. Do you know if there is an easy way to reverse the update? I prefer the GT theme over the new version.

·
Super Moderator
1,417 Posts
Unfortunately no, not to a point where you can get the GT theme back. You can easily use the format tool and downgrade, but only to ver 3.2. Nobody publicly has the format tool that'll size the partitions for v3.0 and below.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DaMiFo, can I at least get the boot screen back? That would make me happy.

Thanks for all of your help

·
Super Moderator
1,417 Posts
Nope, that is gone as well, unfortunately. There are a couple new boot animations tho, so maybe you would one like those?

Try playing with the backgrounds, I found one of them was a little better than the solid blinding blue in the default Ford theme when I was using that one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again @DaMiFo. I have settled with the ford performance welcome screen with the Lincoln theme

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black Ford Fusion Sport
32 Posts
I just updated to "SYNC 3, Software Version: 3.0 Build 20204_PRODUCT"

Isn't there a v3.4 and also Sync 4 or something now? I thought that after I did the USB stick update I would be on a newer version then 3.0...

·
Super Moderator
1,417 Posts
Officially, SYNC 3 v3.4 (actually, v3.2 and above) is for late 2018 (some models) and 2019+ Fords. You'd need to either replace the APIM (easy way), or use the SYNC 3 format package followed by a reinstall of v3.2 or higher. If the second update method is done, you'd still need to update the APIM's firmware to take advantage of features new in v3.4, but existing features work fine if you only want the new look and don't upgrade the firmware.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ahhh Okay thank you @DaMiFo, I have a 2017 FFS, are there threads on here about Sync 3.4? Just googling it I like the appearance of Sync 3 more which looks like is also the same as v3.2. I am curious of the additional features offered in the newer versions of Sync and if they are worth the upgrade. The other reason I am asking about all this was I wanted to change my boot screen to the Ford Performance one after reading the above conversations and googling it, but as you'd might expect, my car would not display any of the new ones.

·
Super Moderator
1,417 Posts
Yes there's at least one thread with some info. Another source could be 2GFusions since they're not just limited to 2G Sports. Both revisions are the same SYNC 3 core, v3.4 is just updated and has a different set of themes. New features in v3.4 are simple things like the 'calm screen' (which just shows the time and no other info, but you have to go into the settings to turn it on since it's really made for newer models), and some other options for features that we don't have, and vehicle settings can be changed on this screen rather than on the IPC & steering wheel controls (again, nearly all of them don't work in our cars). Really, the only point to do it is the new looks.

Which Ford Performance boot screen? The GT one was taken out, but the ST, RS, and Raptor animations are still there - plus all other animations. If your car didn't display anything other than the Ford logo, that means the changes you made didn't apply, or the value didn't point to anything valid. If you used the test menu, that is a non-permanent change.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I thought there was a FORD PERFORMANCE welcome screen in the past, but doesn't seem to be available anymore.

·
Super Moderator
1,417 Posts
No, none that only say "Ford Performance". GT, RS, ST, and the special edition Mustang ones say it, but only underneath their respective logos.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The ford performance one I am using has the Super Snake logo as well

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Super Snake is the one I wanted to run as well, but that one I guess is a higher version if Sync only, not for 3.0 for sure, I get the default when I choose it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts