Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some are aware that I had an issue a week ago with excessive smoke after a restart from an hour drive. After the "up in smoke" movie, I checked the oil level 15min later and it was over a quart low.
Fast forward to a week later and the car hasn't reproduced this issue and it goes into the dealer in a week. Of course my fear will be, nothing is wrong, but obviously its related to 17-0007 TSB.
Until I get it resolved all mods will be on hold and at this point Im not even motivated to do them.
Heres the video of it

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update,
Took my car in Monday and on Tuesday a Ford Engineer looked at it and determined the smoke was the result of the cylinder heads which is part of the TSB 17-0007. Ford ran a compression test, oil flow test along with a fuel trim test that Im assuming was to verify no issues with motor and the land rings.
Im picking her up today since it will be a week or so before the heads arrive.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Good deal Vert - At least now it will be taken care of, and you can get back to enjoying it. BTW - I finally got news the parts are in for my airbag recall, so I'll be bringing my car in Monday, and I plan to take a look and hopefully test drive the FS.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good deal Vert - At least now it will be taken care of, and you can get back to enjoying it. BTW - I finally got news the parts are in for my airbag recall, so I'll be bringing my car in Monday, and I plan to take a look and hopefully test drive the FS.
That's good to hear Mike. I can't remember, did you end up getting the blend door actuator fixed?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not yet Vert, I'm going to have them take care of that when I bring it in for the airbag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts