Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well, I was wrong. The Ford Pass App (on phone) tells me I have an update, but must use my computer to download. Sign in to the owner.ford site on my computer and am told I do not have an update available. Confusing.
Totally annoying. App said there was an update. Go to Ford owners site and login and it says there is no update. As a bonus round, Ford website does not work for Apple/Safari browser, so I had to use Firefox. The people who design Fords software must be the same ones that decided stopping building sedans is a great idea.

·
Registered
383 Posts
This link was brought to my attention by RCMUSTANG. It is a step by step how to with everything you need to upgrade. I have been running Sync3.4 ver. 19101 for over a week and it has been completely stable.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/update-ford-sync-3-2-2-3-0-to-version-3-4-all-years-3-4-19200/?fbclid=IwAR1yhfGOUnkUAPjTCud1vQt0MKqJK57ifvJX90-LCGDE8yOzTnWlzbnvctM
I got stuck at the convert USB to MBR format. Could not get it to happen. Question - does the regular Ford update provide map updates too? Or are the map updates only thru the cyanlabs link process? Ford has been trying to sell me map updates so I am guessing they are not suddenly giving them away?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Totally annoying. App said there was an update. Go to Ford owners site and login and it says there is no update. As a bonus round, Ford website does not work for Apple/Safari browser, so I had to use Firefox. The people who design Fords software must be the same ones that decided stopping building sedans is a great idea.

Hi gang. Full disclosure first. I am not looking for an argument, only providing my experience. And I agree 100% that Lincoln/Ford should do a better job with their entire update and website system. And my experience, and the update wording in my app, may very well have been different than what others had on their app.

That being said: My Lincoln Pass app stated I "may" have an update available. I had just updated my SYNC 3 system a little over a month ago, so I assumed the phone app was merely telling me there "may" be an update and to check the owner website for the final word. In other words, I assumed "may" meant exactly that. Not that there definitely was an update available, just to check. Unfortunately, I do not think their software is that sophisticated yet. Should be, but isn't.

And yes, actually checking for and downloading available updates should be performed on the Lincoln or Ford Owner websites on a computer, not the phone or phone app.

Again, only providing my experience, not that of anyone else. Good luck.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi gang. Full disclosure first. I am not looking for an argument, only providing my experience. And I agree 100% that Lincoln/Ford should do a better job with their entire update and website system. And my experience, and the update wording in my app, may very well have been different than what others had on their app.

That being said: My Lincoln Pass app stated I "may" have an update available. I had just updated my SYNC 3 system a little over a month ago, so I assumed the phone app was merely telling me there "may" be an update and to check the owner website for the final word. In other words, I assumed "may" meant exactly that. Not that there definitely was an update available, just to check. Unfortunately, I do not think their software is that sophisticated yet. Should be, but isn't.

And yes, actually checking for and downloading available updates should be performed on the Lincoln or Ford Owner websites on a computer, not the phone or phone app.

Again, only providing my experience, not that of anyone else. Good luck.
Good point. The app did not say "you have an update available." It is just a general note about updating. Seems dumb to me and confusing. They may as well say "you may have won $1 million in the Ford sweepstake." :). If it is confusing the enthusiasts on this forum, you can imagine the confusion among more casual Ford owners. Anyway I am calling off the hunt for a Sync update for now. Thanks for the tip bbf2530!

·
Registered
383 Posts
...but wait, I do not have the Navigation in the center instrument console, so there IS an update out there that I don't have! I have been waiting to Chat with Ford for a half hour. I am certain they will be able to help (not).

·
Registered
383 Posts
...but wait, I do not have the Navigation in the center instrument console, so there IS an update out there that I don't have! I have been waiting to Chat with Ford for a half hour. I am certain they will be able to help (not).
Ford Chat people were of no help. "We don't have any way of knowing the current Sync build number because it is always changing." Yikes. Guess I will wait for Ford to give me access on their website. I am hesitant installing the Russian cyanlabs process; decades of pirated/bootleg software and processes have bitten me a few times.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ford Chat people were of no help. "We don't have any way of knowing the current Sync build number because it is always changing." Yikes. Guess I will wait for Ford to give me access on their website. I am hesitant installing the Russian cyanlabs process; decades of pirated/bootleg software and processes have bitten me a few times.
Meh. I needed the features that ford has not released to us. The system is obviously capable of running 3.4 as you can see but somehow I'm stuck on 3.0? That's BS. ****. I'm pretty sure late model 2018s were getting 3.1. Maybe call up the dealership and ask them to load 3.4 to it.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just going to install the updated install method not sure if there is any change but is stated to be better.🤔

·
Registered
383 Posts
Meh. I needed the features that ford has not released to us. The system is obviously capable of running 3.4 as you can see but somehow I'm stuck on 3.0? That's BS. ****. I'm pretty sure late model 2018s were getting 3.1. Maybe call up the dealership and ask them to load 3.4 to it.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
Did a little looking around the F150 and Ford Escape forums. People there using cyanlabs process. It is working, but many report glitches. They sound like minor glitches but one that caught my attention was a person who could not fully shut the system down. I don't want self-induced part #2 of the dead battery fiasco. I'm usually first in the pool with beta software, but am passing. Ford may never release this to Sync 3.0 users; part of the reason is the newer vehicles have updated hardware. It is not an authorized update to my 2017 so dealers won't (and don't know how) to do it. I wish everyone well who does it and look forward to hearing how it goes.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just had the battery tender plugged in and on accessory mode. No nav. 2 USB step. Took about 20 mins total. Going to do the 19724 ad soon as I remember to get around to it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just do it with the car running. Glitchy lol the stock software is glitchy I could not even adjust my heat temp the other night on the highway my windows were fogging up, what I had to do was hit auto and then the frozen glitchy software worked.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just do it with the car running. Glitchy lol the stock software is glitchy I could not even adjust my heat temp the other night on the highway my windows were fogging up, what I had to do was hit auto and then the frozen glitchy software worked.
A climate control glitch was one of the ones mentioned by folks on the F150 forum who did the the cyanlabs install.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's literally 10 minutes. With no accessories running, your battery can handle 10 minutes

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven't installed it yet the glitch was on stock for the climate. Every day I check the 3.4 is changed so it's kinda like is it ready to be released yet or are they still working out kinks .........I'll wait a month to see if all **** breaks out with the guys that are running it, I hate freeze ups or stupid errors in the programming process.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I still haven't seen any legit reasons to upgrade other than for the dark mode UI. Any confirmation on whether Google Maps nav can display on the FSport's IPC?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I still haven't seen any legit reasons to upgrade other than for the dark mode UI. Any confirmation on whether Google Maps nav can display on the FSport's IPC?
I reported that when I did it a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I did this maybe a week or two ago. I used two USB's and took 20-30minutes. The car wouldn't recognize my 2nd USB so I went out and bought another one that was 32GB for less than $10. It did recognize that one, and then the new version of Sync was installed. It took maybe a minute or two for the Navi/maps to show up when I tapped the navigation button.

Overall it was a simple and easy process to do.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts