Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is also nice to give kudos and here they are for Unleashed Tuning - Loaded the tune last week and felt a big difference - the true test will be at that track in a couple of weeks - Did notice that the 2 to 3 shift could still be better - Notified Torrie and in one day he had sent me a new tune to help address that problem. NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is also nice to give kudos and here they are for Unleashed Tuning - Loaded the tune last week and felt a big difference - the true test will be at that track in a couple of weeks - Did notice that the 2 to 3 shift could still be better - Notified Torrie and in one day he had sent me a new tune to help address that problem. NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
That's awesome! I'm just waiting to get my car back (dead battery issues, ugh) so I can get mine tuned and get my sub installed... Ill probably get a Livernois tune because I'm close to their shop and that I can use it on my future cars. But I keep hearing from everyone that is really unlocks the FFS's potential, I'm starting to get jealous.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yes, really love my Unleashed tune, as well as Torrie 's customer service. I live less than 20 miles from LMS and went with Unleashed just on a gut feeling I got. Have nothing bad to say about LMS either. DaveE has quite a bit of experience with them, with good results.( aside from they're crying about him trying Unleashed, sorry Dave couldn't help myself)
I've been running stock for about 6 or 7 weeks to save money, but I don't know how much longer I can take. Once the snow stops, I will be Unleashing Blue Lightning! May have to give Torrie a call then to see if he's got any improvements.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
yes, Torrie has amazing Customer Service, just don't expect a lengthy convo! I'm trying to get my Edge on the dyno here soon. It's been tuned by Torrie for almost a year now and no major issues.
This is the only issue I have with him. If I ask a question, I at least expect an answer and not just No.
I will give him props on how prompt he sends a tune out and my last tuner would take a few days, but he would carry on a conversation.

·
Banned
249 Posts
This is the only issue I have with him. If I ask a question, I at least expect an answer and not just No.
I will give him props on how prompt he sends a tune out and my last tuner would take a few days, but he would carry on a conversation.
you can catch him at times with a convo. Even more if he's a member of a group and you tag him. He's a frequent talking in my Ford Edge group. not long convos but here and there

·
Registered
56 Posts
Torrie is on this site and does comment occasionally. I LOVE his tune!!! SO glad that I got it!!!

Reactions: 1153 and qwerty3089

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wil load 2 to 3 shift update next week - 18 inches of snow yesterday - Also Spoke to Manger of NE Dragway and he still feels track will be Open for test and tune April 1st and 2nd If so will post time slips

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey guys! Hope this isn't considered a thread hijack, but it is in reference to the Unleashed tune.

I'm assuming since Unleashed sells the SCT4 programmer on the site, that's the preferred programmer? Which programmer are you guys using?

I see some online used with options such as Married / Un-married and the amount of unlocks left.

Anyone kind enough to explain what this means?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey guys! Hope this isn't considered a thread hijack, but it is in reference to the Unleashed tune.

I'm assuming since Unleashed sells the SCT4 programmer on the site, that's the preferred programmer? Which programmer are you guys using?

I see some online used with options such as Married / Un-married and the amount of unlocks left.

They offer both SCT and HpTuners.

I, personally, use the HPTuners unit and actually really like it, if not for anything else than the ability to mount it as a gauge for monitoring certain functions like fuel pressure and such. It's all personal preference though... AFAIK, the tweaks to the ECU are identical.

As for being married to a vehicle, the SCT units get locked to the vehicle when you tune it. So, in a sense, you can only use it on one vehicle at a time. When you return the vehicle back to stock, it un-marries the tuner and you're free to use it on another car. This 'may' be the same with HPTuners as well, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Be careful about buying the SCT tuners used. I've read about others getting screwed from buying a tuner that was locked to another vehicle and getting screwed in the process.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

You can also tune with the n gauge and it can monitor various parameters.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Married means its paired to your vehicle and when you return to stock it becomes unmarried and then it can transfer it or sell it for another car.
Thanks for the info. Exactly the info I was looking for!

You can also tune with the n gauge and it can monitor various parameters.
Wow, I kind of like the nGauge. Not too much more expensive over the SCT4 and you can permanently mount it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Another thing that's nice about the nGauge is that it uses a micro SD card. So all I need to do is pop out the card and put it in my cell phone to load a new tune or send a data log, what have you. Like you said bigblueshock mount it permanently. I can be away on a trip and never need a computer to plug it into. As long as I have cell service Torrie can send me an update or I can send him a datalog if needed absolutely anywhere.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I need to do some data logging as soon as the weather is a little better. My tune needs tweaking and it's impossible to just explain a issue if you want it right.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Anyone else use dash command? I am just wondering about how much boost you are seeing? My reading is a peak of 15.96 psi on the 93 octane tune. Also an average A/F ratio of 17/1. At wide open throttle it's rich but that's just my average.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Anyone else use dash command? I am just wondering about how much boost you are seeing? My reading is a peak of 15.96 psi on the 93 octane tune. Also an average A/F ratio of 17/1. At wide open throttle it's rich but that's just my average.
Most are pushing 18-19 peak PSI with a tune.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Most are pushing 18-19 peak PSI with a tune.
Yeah that's what I was expecting to see since stock it was reading 15.5.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts