Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I messaged Torrie the other night after 9PM and asked him about doing an E30/340 tune for us, he said there is a few customers already running these tunes. Anyone on here? I think I am going to be switching from Livernoise to Unleashed soon, I will be running E30 for sure since the gains are usually substantial over 93.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I would love to see your numbers with Corn. I'd go with them

Reactions: Airwelldone

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I end up switching, I will defenitly be getting it on a dyno. It will have a borla Cat back drop in filter and Unleashed E40 tune.

93 OCT is just that,

E30/E40 is E85 mixed with 93.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've thought about it myself, but it's sort of a PITA unless you have access to an actual e30 pump (or get a gauge to measure the ethanol content in the tank). Let us know how it goes for you! I'm willing to be its good for some decent gains.

With my old Focus ST, I made an addition 25-ish WHP and 45-ish Lbft over regular 93 IIRC. It made a pretty big difference, but I really only ran it at the track and the occasional 'fun' day.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I got 40hp running 33% e85 mix ratio on my mazdaspeed. I'll definitely do it again

Reactions: don

·
Registered
150 Posts
If I end up switching, I will defenitly be getting it on a dyno. It will have a borla Cat back drop in filter and Unleashed E40 tune.

93 OCT is just that,

E30/E40 is E85 mixed with 93.
Has Borla announced they will do a cat back system yet? Pictures? Videos? What does it sound like?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I thought we couldn't run more than 15% ethanol? I think it says it right on the..... What the heck you call where you put the gas in? I'm an idiot lol!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Has Borla announced they will do a cat back system yet? Pictures? Videos? What does it sound like?
We should be getting a price and release time frame in about a week or 2

·
Registered
152 Posts
I thought we couldn't run more than 15% ethanol? I think it says it right on the..... What the heck you call where you put the gas in? I'm an idiot lol!
Thats what it says, but lots of people have run it in other ecoboosts (myself included) with absolutely no issues. Its possible that you 'may' run into some issues down the line if you're running 30% all the time, premature hose wear or corrosion, but I honestly doubt it just because the fuel systems were designed for an ethanol mixture.

It's also possible that the stock ECU configuration doesn't have a effective strategy for more than 15% ethanol? Regardless, for the occasional use, I wouldn't worry about it. I would be much more worried about running an aggressive tune for E30 and improperly mixing the gas (so it was only like E15-20) and damaging the engine.

and the words you're looking for are 'filler neck' lol :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
To run E85 higher than the pump allows you do need to be tuned. I know I needed better fuel pump internals in my mazdaspeed. Not sure how the focus st handles it. Ratios we had were 3 gallons of e83, 9gallons of 93 octane. Some guys ran 50/50 but had fuel tank sending unit issues. Also the fuel pump internals got gumed up(black sticky death). Not having Cobb giving us the accessport I'm scared to go any other route.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well I wanted to try it if it became available but after hearing some of the horror story's I don't know now. Will have to do some serious research first.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ran E40 for 2 years straight on my fiesta ST. On the stock turbo stage 3 pushing 27 PSI of boost for about year and half. then when I went big turbo, I ran E40 for the last 6 months I owned the car pushing 28-29 psi. never had a single issue. if your tuner can tune for it, it is fine. switch back to 93 once in a while of course to clear the tank and just run easy on the car. but it wont hurt our cars running it for a while.I am waiting for borla to release the exhaust and then I will see how things goes. if i am not making a 12 second pass with my livernoise tuned card, then I am switching to unleashed and running E40.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I purchased 3 tunes with Torrie, an 87 performance, 93 performance, and E30 tunes. I started out with the 87 and it feels very close to the stock 93. From there I planned on testing and revising the 93 tune, but couldn't wait to see what the E30 did! I'm on revision 3 of my E30 tune and it obviously feels alot different than the 87 tune on which I started. I don't have a VBox and haven't taken it to the track so I don't have any real hard numbers, but going off of the logged runs I have on the X4 I can say that from the 87 performance tune to the E30 tune I have dropped a full second 0-60 and 2.3 seconds off 0-100 all in 10-15 degree hotter weather. The 3rd revision I had him shorten/firm up the shifts so that should drop some more time off, but I think he is where he wants to be to have a safe tune. Once I do a logged run on this I'll go back and do some revisions on the 93 performance tune to get a better comparison, but I would say if you have easy access to E85 then go for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts