Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that the dealers want us to not understand and be aware of all the rebates so that they can pocket that cash. Right now this is what is coming up in my area. From what I can see I would qualify for $1,750 between the $250 and $1500. I would be financing, so the other $500 would not apply to me. Ya'll concur?

·
Registered
230 Posts
The $1,500 completive conquest is only good if you are NOT driving a ford now. These incentives change weekly and the website is not very accurate. Your location (zip code) also plays into it.
Here how it works at my dealer. He does a locate for a similar vehicle to get the vin. Enters the VIN in his system. There are two incentives tabs, one for lease and one for purchase. (He lets me watch his computer screen.) The incentives can vary quite a bit. It will show ALL available incentives for that day/vehicle but some will not apply to me. Ie First Responder Have your dealer show you this screen or printout.
-Lee
PS I placed my order on 8/15 for a lease and received $3,250 in incentives. These are locked in. When the car comes in October I can keep the locked incentives or change to the current ones. (This “lock in” feature is not available at all dealers.)

·
Registered
77 Posts
When i purchased mine a couple months ago the salesman said that "any incentives that come up in the next (don't remember how long he said), you are eligible for." I got $750 and $250. I wonder how hard it would be to try to get a refund of future rebates. I'm not even gonna try!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
If a dealer is enrolled in the “Incentive Protection Program” you will be entitled to the Incentives in effect either the day your ordered the vehicle or the day you pick it up (not based on a given day.) Whichever is better for YOU. Not all dealers are enrolled in this program. I would not purchase from a dealer that was not part of this program.
The more you are education about the buying process the less dealers will try and take advantage of you.
This is the 2011 dealer rollout guide. This program is current but some details may have changed.
http://themustangsource.com/forums/attachments/f726/86343d1302747026-ford-incentive-protection-program-pdf-ford-ipp-enrollment-guide.pdf
Google “Ford Incentive Protection Program” for more info.
-Lee

·
Registered
230 Posts
Also,
I try to time my order so that the current incentives are the best but I also look at when they expire. Example: Most current incentives expire 10/3. So I ordered 7/15. The car should come in after 10/3. This will give me the choice of two different set of incentives. (If it comes in a little before that date, I will let it sit for a week to see what the new incentives are.) When we ordered our 2015 Edge last year we got an additional $1500 using this timing.
-Lee

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, sat down today with the salesman and he confirmed we'd be good for $2,500 in rebates. They were also willing to discount the car they had on the lot about $2,700 down from MSRP before rebates for a total of around $5,200 off MSRP. Since they didn't have the exact car on lot, he is going to send us a quote for a special order tomorrow. Now just have to confirm color. Thinking magnetic right now but not sure about it with the wheels also being dark.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Since they didn't have the exact car on lot, he is going to send us a quote for a special order tomorrow..

Nice thing about a special order is you get exactly what you want. (ACC is a must for me.) The bad thing is the wait. I ordered mine August 15th. Right now I am looking at mid to late October for delivery. (SE Michigan) If you live closer to Mexico you may get it a few weeks earlier. (Train ride to for mine will be 3-4 weeks.) This wait is going to kill me. Have him do a dealer locate if you can find one that matches your wants. Or order one and get what you want and know that no one has driven it before you.
-Lee

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Nice thing about a special order is you get exactly what you want. (ACC is a must for me.) The bad thing is the wait. I ordered mine August 15th. Right now I am looking at mid to late October for delivery. (SE Michigan) If you live closer to Mexico you may get it a few weeks earlier. (Train ride to for mine will be 3-4 weeks.) This wait is going to kill me. Have him do a dealer locate if you can find one that matches your wants. Or order one and get what you want and know that no one has driven it before you.
-Lee
Just an FYI... it might be longer than that. My order was placed July 22, and scheduled date for start of build is September 19. I am in Wisconsin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts