Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheatsheet.com/autos didn't include the Fusion Sport on this list but looking at the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times they list with Car&Drivers times (0-60,5.1 and 1/4,13.7) in mind, the Fusion Sport should be on this list and would be in very good company.

12 Cars Under $40,000 That Are Accelerating Power Machines
12 Cars Under $40,000 That Are Accelerating Power Machines

Ken

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fusion Sport definitely belongs on that list! It's one of the few cars there that can be well equipped under $40K. A few of those cars were almost at $40 without adding all the goodies!

·
Registered
165 Posts
The BMW 330 with a 248hp turbo 4 cylinder has the same 0-60 time as us, thats kind of a kick in the nuts but oh well. This car does deserve to be on that list, not many family 4 doors are running 13's in the 1/4 for the price these cars are selling for
Ty, it's pretty amazing sometimes the disparities between HP and performance. Obviously, weight has a lot to do with it, but many times it's how the transmission distributes the power, how the traction is ( FWD, RWD or AWD), and how the tires put the power to the ground. It seems like BMW, Audi and VW have the best transmissions, and when combined with AWD, they really work well together. My guess is the transmission in the FS lets the car down.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, definitely think it should be on the list. I agree that either audi/vw under report figures and/or they have more efficient transmissions to get the power to the ground. Even quicker shift times could help quite a bit. I feel like the Sports transmission is the weak point though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
BMW is very conservative with their figures. Also- look at the 1/4 mile, I can't recall what it was. but i remember it was off the rest by a margin. Like some others said, guessing the transmission is geared quite low and makes up for it by very tall gears probably on the last two.

Mark

·
Registered
96 Posts
All I am seeing is that not many of those are well equipped at $40k with AWD and 4 doors. The only one of those that I looked at was the STI but I just couldn't get past the fast and furious styling of the car. Also I believe it was over $42k.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah I would say this list is less towards the 4-door sedan variety and more towards the muscle car variety (Charger, Challenger, Camaro, Mustang)... Our "lowly" little Fusion's aren't mid-life crisis cars, they're for the person that needs 4 doors but wants a bit of pep in its step.

That said, I'd take the FuSpo over all but maybe one or two of those cars (I'd really like a new Mustang loaded out, but I need the 4-door and AWD).

·
Registered
177 Posts
One of the guys I work with has an A6 that he's just installed an APR stage I tune and a few bolt-ons. He says he's putting out 480 hp, and I'm inclined to believe him-the thing is a beast! Especially at highway speeds, it jumps down a few gears and just surges. Reminds me of the 450 hp GTO, but with better traction.

You can get a CPO 30k mile A6 for $33k, $2k for the tune (yeah, not cheap) and you're in RS6 territory for $35k!

That said, the suspension is barely better, the transmission isn't better and cornering is about the same... I'll probably keep the Fuspo!

·
Registered
293 Posts
The BMW 330 with a 248hp turbo 4 cylinder has the same 0-60 time as us, thats kind of a kick in the nuts but oh well. This car does deserve to be on that list, not many family 4 doors are running 13's in the 1/4 for the price these cars are selling for
Carefull! I asked a simmilar question about an a4 and i made enemies!

But i agree based on price and performace the fusion sport definatly should have been considered!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
One of the guys I work with has an A6 that he's just installed an APR stage I tune and a few bolt-ons. He says he's putting out 480 hp, and I'm inclined to believe him-the thing is a beast! Especially at highway speeds, it jumps down a few gears and just surges. Reminds me of the 450 hp GTO, but with better traction.

You can get a CPO 30k mile A6 for $33k, $2k for the tune (yeah, not cheap) and you're in RS6 territory for $35k!

That said, the suspension is barely better, the transmission isn't better and cornering is about the same... I'll probably keep the Fuspo!
What year a6? Does he have?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I paid 30K out the door for my sport.. It was the best new fast car deal at the time..

BMWs cost also more that the fusion oh and 4cylinder engines are usually less linear in power delivery.. which is why ford didn't put the RS engine in its bigger cars aide form the mustang

but yeah we missed having a duel clutch 10 speed trans but that would have jacked up the price

·
Registered
111 Posts
I paid 30K out the door for my sport.. It was the best new fast car deal at the time..

BMWs cost also more that the fusion oh and 4cylinder engines are usually less linear in power delivery.. which is why ford didn't put the RS engine in its bigger cars aide form the mustang

but yeah we missed having a duel clutch 10 speed trans but that would have jacked up the price

That's interesting. Does the turbo help the four cylinder deliver power in a more linear fashion? What is the inherent difference that makes a 4 cylinder have less linear power?

Despite what people think, when I ask questions like this it's because I genuinely want to know an answer, it is not an attempt to troll or disprove anything.

My point is I'm actually asking because I want to know and learn, not for any other reason :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts