Reactions: Blackula and Oreo

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I Like now the fun part install lol

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
VB how was the install on the front down pipe ?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VB how was the install on the front down pipe ?
WE GOT SITUATION CODE DPOOAS
That's downpipes officially on and secure

Post install, I found a few new creative ways to get at the manifold bolts so future I don't think they'll ever give me trouble again. But getting the stock pipes out I think was the biggest pain since the cats are the size of obese babies. I ended up removing: front bumper, front tires, crossbrace underneath, completed undid front sway bar (brackets and ends) so i could have enough play in it to maneuver the rear cat out (must remove o2 sensors before attempting to back it out, it will not come out otherwise unless you lower the subframe to give it more clearance). Also found out I had a bent front sway bar bracket and the light clunk i had when going over a low speed bump was caused by it. So picking a new bracket up in the morning. But yeah overall the install on a scale of like 1 to Punchababy was Punchababy.

The trick I found out was actually, the rear turbo, the top bolt you can get off pretty easy from above the engine, it's visible and you can get a 15mm on it with an extension and have plenty of room for leverage to get it off. The bottom one though..... best way I found was 20" of extension bars, then I had a swivel extension, a 3" extension and a 15mm long socket on the end of that. You can come in from the driver wheel well, but then it's super easy to get underneath the car, and line up/attach the socket then go back to the wheel well and hit it with an impact. After I got that down it was smooth sailing but it's such a pain to get at that bolt.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
so going back in with the new downpipes sounds easier then removing the the stock units

·
Registered
563 Posts
Sawzall anyone?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
They look glorious lol

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Any Update how does the car feel can you tell any difference ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts