Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would make a video, unwrapping the downpipes. Also if you weren't aware the catless pipes were delisted from the website. Catted is still up.

Also showed off my dirty girl for the first time.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I,m gonna order a set of catted ones at some point here soon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good lord those looks hell of a lot better than the Factory. I can't imagine how much of a pain in the ass they are too install! Let us know how it goes lol

Reactions: LIMEY

·
Registered
545 Posts
On a lift they shouldn,t be too bad, the flange bolts at the turbos are the pita part, the rest is gravy.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
They look amazing , I just got the catted UP downpipes

Reactions: Skipe and LIMEY

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Any update did you get these installed ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any update did you get these installed ?
They have not been installed yet, still finishing up this semester. Most likely they will be installed sometime in the next month. However, was contemplating on getting the upgraded turbos from turbo revolution since the install is said to be difficult.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I did the MKZ turbo upgrade install it was not that bad but it is the perfect time to replace the downpipes

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah, pretty much where I'm at with this. I only have a couple things to do to the 3.0 turbos and they will be ready to go on, figure I'm better off dong all of it at the same time. Nice thing is, if I still have my 13, I'll drive it while the Sport is down.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Limey just curious why catless downpipes vs the catted units

·
Registered
545 Posts
For an every day driver I would go with catted, but that's just me. They do help with the smell, and I know this from other cars that don't have any, and been around them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Limey just curious why catless downpipes vs the catted units
I just hate the environment.

Going for sound, I want more turbo spool. A lot of my buddy's are catless and it's suprising because i can barely notice the smell. Not sure if I'm just used to it, or what.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just hate the environment.

Going for sound, I want more turbo spool. A lot of my buddy's are catless and it's suprising because i can barely notice the smell. Not sure if I'm just used to it, or what.
They don't sell the catless anymore do they

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ran catless on several cars in the past, little boost in performance and smell (but it's really not bad, and only really when you stop at a light with the windows down). The exhaust sounds much guttural/meaner/deeper/more betters though.

Not fun if they do emissions testing where you live though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
With the high flow cats we have today , there really is no reason not to have them. I'm not tree hugger either, just saying things have come a long way in the past twenty years. Magna Flow builds a nice cat, and flow a lot better than stock. Plus they keep the EPA happy or your local smog cops, which I will say is stupid.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Titanium wrapped. 2 inch, about 75ft worth of material. Took about 2 hours by myself.

Was planning on ceramic coating them, however the environmental chambers at work only get to about 370°F (about hot enough to bake a cake). According to most ceramic sprays you need anywhere from 425°F to 700°F+.

Is it true you can rattle-can spray downpipes and let them cure over the course of like 6-7 days, without heat?

·
Registered
545 Posts
How much was shipping on them ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts