Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i asked this before but couldn't find it.
Some are able to turn this function off and some can't. The manual says the region determines whether the function is available. My car was bought in Vt. and there is no way to disable the auto lock function though I can disable the seat belt alarm and the auto unlock function. I wonder if the States are in charge of the functions. Where do you all live and can you disable it? I can't stand having to hit the button on the door to let someone in while the engine is running.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know I can’t turn off the Auto lock function in our 2015 Edge and would really like to. I live in Michigan but think is for all states.
I don’t like them to lock because if something happened to me and someone needed to get me out of the car they couldn’t.
A year ago or so the Mayor of Toledo had a heart issue. The passer-bys could not get him out for a few minutes and had to break a Window. He ended up dying. If his car was unlocked maybe the outcome would have been different.
I was told by my dealer this is now law. Even the base Fiestas have auto locks now. I was also told if the car was in a crash the doors would unlock. I have not verified these two points.
-Lee

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I can’t turn off the Auto lock function in our 2015 Edge and would really like to. I live in Michigan but think is for all states.
I don’t like them to lock because if something happened to me and someone needed to get me out of the car they couldn’t.
A year ago or so the Mayor of Toledo had a heart issue. The passer-bys could not get him out for a few minutes and had to break a Window. He ended up dying. If his car was unlocked maybe the outcome would have been different.
I was told by my dealer this is now law. Even the base Fiestas have auto locks now. I was also told if the car was in a crash the doors would unlock. I have not verified these two points.
-Lee
Yes, I've heard of people driving into canals in Florida after a heart attack and people can't break the windows under water to save them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts