Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we are all, for the most part awaiting someone to develop a tune for our Sports. Here is the info I have collected so far:

Mountune- Emailed them last week, was told no go for now. This sucks, as Mountune is who builds the kits for Ford Performance (doesn't void warranty) for the Focus ST.

Cobb Tuning- Emailed, no response. Will update when I hear from them.

Steeda- According to G82FS it's in the works.

LMS- According to elronino and Bamm1 it's in the works.

Figure we can update a single thread rather than posting multiple threads. If you've got the scoop, spill it here!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can't wait! Really Hoping for Cobb to pull through on this one considering they have them for prior fusions!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a Cobb fan and hope they do something as well. But as long as there is a market created you'll see people get in to get a piece of the pie.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So get this.. My car hasn't even come in yet, and the sales guy told me they offer something called "Boostmax" and "pedalmax" for my car for $1500. He said it doesn't even mess with the warranty.

So of course I google it and see something from JMS... Has it even been tested on this engine yet? Plus what the dealer is charging is pretty insane..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So get this.. My car hasn't even come in yet, and the sales guy told me they offer something called "Boostmax" and "pedalmax" for my car for $1500. He said it doesn't even mess with the warranty.

So of course I google it and see something from JMS... Has it even been tested on this engine yet? Plus what the dealer is charging is pretty insane..

This is news to me. The Amazon reviews look shady. Almost like they're paid for reviews. Not sure I personally would invest in one.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ive had the Cobb APv3 for my speed 3... its a great product. E-tuning was simple and fast. looking forward to them releasing it

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've been in touch with LMS. They are indeed eager to start work. I'm trying to get in as soon as they can find an opening for me. Hoping to hear from them in the next week or two.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I wonder how much difference it would make if they just tuned out the torque limiter so the throttle actually did what you told it to do.
I'd expect the car to be a lot more throttle sensitive and punchy. Which, in sport mode would make me giddy. In normal drive mode, i don't mind the lazy, torque management driving experience.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
We have pretty hard Winters in Wisconsin although last year wasn't too bad. Tunes don't really like really cold weather and are useless in the snow. So, I'll just wait to see how the guys down south do. I would also like to see what choices pop up over the winter. I already have a MyCal and Livernois puts out great tunes. It will be tough to sway me but it could be possible.
ive never had to deal with driving a tuned car in the snow. I have a few buddies that still drive theirs but they de-tune them because of the cold and lousy gas

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not sure that is true I talked to tech at Livernois and they said they were working on a tune for the sport right now - but had no delivery date - I am betting on SCT to have one out first.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts