Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning...long post. 2018 FFS, I have a tune from Livernois and Unleashed. A few months ago I switched from Livernois to Unleashed. My registration expired 6/30 so I took the car to a shop for emissions, oil change and to have them install Steeda Fr & Rear sway bars. Emissions wouldn't pass...there were 5 systems that were not reset which happens after a DTC is cleared (car has to be driven 60-100 miles to reset systems). Turns out Steeda sent me the wrong front Sway bar. It took 6 weeks to get the part, they installed it, gave me a temp registration and I went on my way. I was not aware of any DTCs so the emissions thing was a surprise. Subsequently we went on a trip, over 1,000 miles, and, just before getting home, DTC u101e popped up. I cleared it and drove another 100 miles. Still won't pass emissions so last night I tried to return the tune to stock so I could take it to the dealer so they could figure out what's up. The SCT programmer said "unsupported vehicle". WTF...so I email Torrie and he punts to SCT (I'm waiting for a response). Now I'm in a jam...temp expires tomorrow and I can't return the tune to stock. Now I remember a conversation with Livernois guy (can't remember his name) I had a couple months ago when he told me some cars tuned by SCT programmers have had their ECUs corrupted. I'm really frustrated....anyone have similar experiences with emissions or having SCT tuner not recognize their car? The programmer has not been used on another vehicle and I know I haven't changed anything that would affect the strategy code. I'm at a loss.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
All thou I have not had any issues with my tuner my car would not pass smog while tuned had to return it to stock to pass smog , I am interested in this please keep us informed with your progress

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
279 Posts
Don't worry about the SCT saying "unsupported vehicle" all that means it that SCT does not directly support our engine strategy codes with their canned tunes. The SCT can still be used by Torrie to place his tunes into the vehicle.

What error codes are you seeing on the SCT when trying to go back to stock? I literally just had an issue in the past 24 hours where my SCT could not return to stock and gave a download error code: 110DD. When I looked for a possible resolution to this more often than not it came back to either a bad cable or not enough voltage on the battery.

I put a trickle charger on the car and was then able to get back to stock without issue. So maybe that's something you can check. FYI, my battery voltage read 12.1v, but it seems that must not have been enough to do the re-flash. I'm about to run out and get a new battery asap.

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had to renew my registration recently, in my case the tune was bypassing readiness for at least one sensor (which fails our silly test here). I have an SCT tune from unleashed and have loaded/unloaded it many times without error thankfully. It always shows "unsupported vehicle" but as @Vidmo mentioned this is due to the tuner not having built in tunes for the vehicle, and no concern.

There is a simple readiness check you can do to see if your car has gone through its drive cycle and has no sensor readiness alerts. I just did what this information I found suggested and it worked:

"For newer Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles, to determine if the vehicle is ready for E-Check, turn the ignition key to the “on” position for 15 seconds without cranking the engine. If the service engine soon indicator blinks eight times, it means that the vehicle is not ready for E-Check; if the service engine soon indicator stays on solid, it means that the vehicle is ready for E-Check testing. This procedure was included in the Owner’s Manual for a 2012 Ford Focus. This same procedure may apply to other models and model years Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles."

This may not be useful but it came in handy for me and was an easy check.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All thou I have not had any issues with my tuner my car would not pass smog while tuned had to return it to stock to pass smog , I am interested in this please keep us informed with your progress
Sorry I didn't respond earlier...now I don't recall what SCT had me do. But I was able to return it to stock and pass emissions. I'm running the Livernois tune now. The FFS is going to remain as it is for now...I ordered the 21 Bronco so when that comes in next year I'll probably sell the FFS

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The real question is why is a tune only car not setting monitors? I was having O2 sensor and heater monitor issues setting
on my SC'd stang. Figured I use my software I was looking at Mode 6 data to check Stang on, on Fusion, assuming
it would be "perfect" with all monitors set. Surprisingly, only 3 out of 8 were set. WTF.

Don't have to go back for first emission test until next Aug, but no reason this tune should not have all the monitors set.
It's not like they didn't have chances to set either, with upwards of 100's or thousands of mode 6 tests run, since the last tune change or code delete.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts