Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody that's tuned ..... any problems passing state inspection? Planning to move to Pa. next year and want a tune, but not if it'll cause me to fail inspection. Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi, Stiller, if you have the Unleashed Tune you can always revert back to the stock tune, prior to going to the inspection. The return to you custom tune when done.

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts
It is always recommended that you return to stock before inspections. Many states have a minimum number of day since DTC reset to pass. I usually reset mine a week before and it passes no issue and I reprogram after the inspection.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was just thinking about this the other day when I got my renewal notice. Thanks for asking. Nice piece of mind later.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Depending on where in PA it probably wont matter. Our emission inspection consists of testing the gas cap and a visual inspection (which noone does) to look for missing components.

·
Registered
612 Posts
In Ohio they plug into the OBD port, if there are no codes you pass.
I don't see any codes when I scan for them running my 93 octane tune, I don't think they would find anything different.
We actually have self serve station I go to, always go after hours and don't have to deal with the people working there.

·
Registered
309 Posts
In Ohio they plug into the OBD port, if there are no codes you pass.
I don't see any codes when I scan for them running my 93 octane tune, I don't think they would find anything different.
I'm with these guys, ALWAYS return to stock before taking it into a mech, dealership or state inspection facility.
It's going to depend both on the tune, and on what the test is checking. But if, for instance, it checks oxygen sensor status and sees it offline, that's going to be an item fail. Whether or not that's enough in a given state to fail the emissions is a state-by-state question (not sure how this works in Canada for our friends up north) but I'm just saying even if they don't check the tailpipe I can see how the obdii alone could cause a failed test if you're tuned.

·
Registered
106 Posts
In Colorado you can do a drive by emissions test. These tests are partially how VW was caught cheating with their diesel engines. If you happen to drive by one not too long before your emissions and registration is due, they will let you know that an emissions test is not required for your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts