Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These cars with a tune are a completely different animal. I'm so glad I decided to have a tune from Torrie at Unleashed Tune. I now drive with a huge smile on my face. The gain in power and the way the trans now shifts is unbelieveable in both regular and sport modes. This is the way the car should have come from the factory!!! My sport was built on 9/8 and has no options and NO battery problems.:D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Very happy with my Unleashed 93 v2(officially) tune. Been thinking about getting a 87 gas mileage specific tune for the winter. Torrie said he could/would make such a tune if he hasn't already. I do feel I get better gas mileage with his performance tune than stock interestingly enough, but figure why not save some dough in winter with 87 octane and dedicated mileage tune. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about an 87 tune but I don't put a lot of miles on my car anyway so I'm just going to keep the 93 tune.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Yep, even in the early stages of my AJP Turbo tune, I'm finding myself fighting for traction. This thing is an animal! I cant wait till he gets it dialed in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Livernois Tune

LMS versus Torrie versus those done by others. cockerdogs

I went with the Livernois tune, the FS is a animal LOL , shift points much better, positive shift greatly improved, torque converter issue gone, manual paddles shift hard with a positive shift , the way it should be, much better power through the whole rpm range, it definitely breaks loose now. Throttle response much better, overall a huge improvement over stock. "Might need better brakes now" ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ricochet When did you get the tune? Do you know what version it is? Are you running 93? TIA!
Just recently, they are the latest files according to them, how do you verify the version number?

·
Registered
176 Posts
You'll probably have to call Anthony and ask him. You are probably running 93 v.3 I think that is the latest. My v.5 is the same except shift firmness is stock unless at WOT. To me, the shifts for moderate acceleration were a bit firm. Don't know what 4 is. I'm hoping there will be a newer version out this Winter/early Spring.
idk? the current tune on normal seems pretty tame until you are under hard acceleration then the shifts are solid, I prefer a much more solid shift myself, it saves clutches in the long run, the 3rd gear torque converter lock is removed at the 3k range which I hated, I don't know why Ford did that ? I can understand 6th locking the converter for fuel mileage but not 3rd. In S mode it does shift much harder and for sure when you are using the paddles, huge improvement for RPM shift point and a very solid shift. It makes it way more of a true Sports car. I think it was too mild to compete with the mid class sports cars like BMW, Audi etc, now it's way more of a worthy competitor. Hoping to get some track time on it soon and I will know how it fares against some of the other's.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have the latest Livernois performance tunes as of Saturday and the files are listed as;

87 v4
91 v5
93 v5

They are on my tuner just waiting for the dealer to do some warranty work first. Just approaching 700miles so the primary break-in is nearing done.

Going to be running the 91 v5 as the closest station that even has something greater than 91 octane is over 65 miles away. At least the 91 octane I have access to has no ethanol blended in it. Some of the crappy premium fuels sold here have 15% or more ethanol.

I don't need every last bit of power, provided the 91 v5 offers improved and predictable shifting and power production.

If you look in the text file within the log folder. you can see the names of the files loaded onto the tuner

·
Registered
320 Posts
Given the sad state of the Canadian dollar 91 Octane currently sets me back around 3.50 USD per gallon. Just waiting for the carbon taxes to be added on in the near future.

Oh well it's fun to drive and the Fusion gets considerably better fuel economy then my old 91 Mustang did with its supercharged and stroked engine. The Mustang used to puke fuel and at times flames when driven hard. She wasn't a drag strip car but managed a 12.2 @ 118, though she was a fat pig with the roll bar and all the added bracing and suspension mods to allow for high speed cruising. The Fusion is so much more refined, though it does give me a bit of nostalgia with the torque feeling I have been missing since the days of prowling the streets with the Mustang.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The next best horsepower mod for the 2.7

So being that our turbos are tiny, they produce a lot of heat in the upper boost, with other ecoboost platforms the best solution is to go bigger on the turbo, it is more efficient and can lower the amount of heat to make better horsepower at the same boost levels, precision is stating 150 horsepower for the twins? I don't think we will find much more free power without seriously looking at a turbo replacement. Here is the link on the information : Precision Turbo and Engine: Factory Upgrade Turbocharger - Ford F150 EcoBoost)

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is what I have:

Tunes:
93 Stage III v5
<snip>
Do you think the Livernois tune has improved to the point where it is ready for daily driving? I know there were some reports of it being a little rough when the first versions came out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lower temp T-Stat

This is what I have:

Tunes:
Stock
87 Stage I v4
91 Stage II v4
93 Stage III v5

Yeah, There is only one station near me that has 93 and it's on the other side of town. I only go through a 1/4 tank a week and fill up every two. It's a Speedway and I've been using it for years. Never had bad gas. I think it's 10%.
Did you install the lower temp T-stat for your FS?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
So being that our turbos are tiny, they produce a lot of heat in the upper boost, with other ecoboost platforms the best solution is to go bigger on the turbo, it is more efficient and can lower the amount of heat to make better horsepower at the same boost levels, precision is stating 150 horsepower for the twins? I don't think we will find much more free power without seriously looking at a turbo replacement. Here is the link on the information : Precision Turbo and Engine: Factory Upgrade Turbocharger - Ford F150 EcoBoost)
I know the turbos on the Fusion Sport are small but $1,000 per turbo on the upgrade is a little high. I would think Some good gains will be made with a turbo upgrade, but Ive been pricing turbos for my son's Subaru and a blouch runs $800. Hopefully a few vendors will offer this with a lower price.
Pic of the stock turbo = small ports.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know the turbos on the Fusion Sport are small but $1,000 per turbo on the upgrade is a little high. I would think Some good gains will be made with a turbo upgrade, but Ive been pricing turbos for my son's Subaru and a blouch runs $800. Hopefully a few vendors will offer this with a lower price.
Pic of the stock turbo = small ports.
It's a lot harder to get a larger turbo like ATP etc, you have to change a lot of things just like the ST, we did the R&D back in 2013 for the ST and worked with ATP and Cobb, there was no tuning at that time for a Big turbo, even with all the bolt on's the car on pump gas only made 265 whp from 230ish stock , that included high flow cat, larger intercooler, charge pipes, motor mounts about 6k in upgrades to go from 265 whp to 300 whp on pump gas. The turbo itself was $2200.00 for the gtx2867R. I really think you going to see a similar situation with the FS , Once you start getting too much heat, you pull timing , or need higher octane to compensate for the heat in order to make power or you just start chasing timing, engine knock. Guessing from a lot of dyno time, I would say that the FS would be in the 340 whp range with higher octane without getting into additional fueling, bigger turbos etc. I am saying this on a conservative setup. In order to get more power your going to need bigger turbos. We shall see soon, I have followed the F150 2.7 and their in the same boat.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts