Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a newb but I am looking into possibly tuning my 2019 FFS but before I do I was wondering if you guys new if either the LMS or unleashed tunes changes the RPMs that the turbos kick in. If I remember correctly the stock number ford stats say max torque is at 3000. Would a tune be able to kick the turbos in sooner, IE like how the stingers kick in at like 1300 or so?

·
Registered
988 Posts
A catless downpipe removes the restriction from the cats. But the turbos are always spinning.The factory torque specs also reflect the torque limiters set in place with the factory tune.

FWIW the 3.5L EcoBoost always seemed to have more low-end torque than the 2.7/3.0 EcoBoost V6s. There was much less lag with the 3.5

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A catless downpipe removes the restriction from the cats. But the turbos are always spinning.The factory torque specs also reflect the torque limiters set in place with the factory tune.

FWIW the 3.5L EcoBoost always seemed to have more low-end torque than the 2.7/3.0 EcoBoost V6s. There was much less lag with the 3.5
So, if I am under standing you correctly, a tune could change the torque limiters to allow for more low end torque? Please correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
988 Posts
So, if I am under standing you correctly, a tune could change the torque limiters to allow for more low end torque? Please correct me if I am wrong
Yes, that's the main point of getting a tune: they basically just raise the torque and boost limiters and add spark to give you more power (easy 5 second layman's terms explanation).
It will allow the powertrain to make as much power as it physically can down low, but it will never be like a N/A V8 engine with power on tap off the line.
I think you will get better results from Unleashed.

A word to the wise, a 93 octane tune for EcoBoost doesn't mean much over 87 octane. The key to getting more power out of a GTDI engine is E85 blending due to the evaporative charge cooling effect from using E85 blends with direct injection. When we did a cross-country trip, I didn't find many E85 pumps outside the midwest area and in higher altitude areas, 87 octane might be the highest you'd find with possible E20 blending.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts