1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
SCT will be the cheapest. SCT and HPT will be the most user involved. LMS is plug and play. All of them offer great results. SCT is probably the easiest to find a custom tuner for.

I think the BDX is a bit nicer looking than the X4, but I already ordered my X4, otherwise I probably would have gone for the BDX. I'm assuming all the SCT devices use the same tuning software and are interchangeable. If not, you better make sure the BDX and TSX devices work with our cars before you choose one of those.

My vote goes to the X4 or BDX.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Gonna buy one this week. And was having a hard enough time trying to decide between LMS and unleashed N Gauge. But now with the X4 100 bucks cheaper it seems like I'll probably go with it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I use an SCT 3 on my mustang and it works great for data logging and tuning, but I just dont like the fact its bulky and it can be finicky with updates and firmware once you've owned it for several months.
Would I buy it again, probably, but the Ngauge seems to be all in one little package and a little more advanced.
The advantage to SCT 4 is it can do a crank relearn which is important on the mustang when tuning, but im not sure if it applies to the sport. I need to read some more on th Ngauge to see if it has those capabilities.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I use an SCT 3 on my mustang and it works great for data logging and tuning, but I just dont like the fact its bulky and it can be finicky with updates and firmware once you've owned it for several months.
Would I buy it again, probably, but the Ngauge seems to be all in one little package and a little more advanced.
The advantage to SCT 4 is it can do a crank relearn which is important on the mustang when tuning, but im not sure if it applies to the sport. I need to read some more on th Ngauge to see if it has those capabilities.
What is "crank relearn"?

I am new to tuning, and trying to take in everything I can before spring when I plan to run a tune.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
What is "crank relearn"?

I am new to tuning, and trying to take in everything I can before spring when I plan to run a tune.
It calibrates the PCM to the crank position sensor along with cam sensor. As I mentioned, I'm not sure its need for the sport. Some mustangs will throw a Pxxx error which is a misfire if the procedure is not done after a tune. Not all have the issue but I did randomly on mine right around 4k and when you go WOT with 600 hp and go into lemp mode..... Well you crap yourself.

·
Registered
296 Posts
After trading a few text with unleashed I'm for sure gonna buy from them now I just have to decide between N-gauge or X4. The HP looks nicer and has a touchscreen. But if they are the same performance wise I'll probably save the money and get the X4. I know when I go to order I'll sit there for 5 mins debating in my head!

·
Registered
111 Posts
After trading a few text with unleashed I'm for sure gonna buy from them now I just have to decide between N-gauge or X4. The HP looks nicer and has a touchscreen. But if they are the same performance wise I'll probably save the money and get the X4. I know when I go to order I'll sit there for 5 mins debating in my head!
Within an hour of SCT releasing their support for FuSpo, I purchased an SCT tuner with unleashed tunes. It's the same programming language and file type between the n-gauge and the SCT apparently.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yes that's what I heard so that's the one I ended up getting. Now I can't wait for it to arrive!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I tried to see what progress unleashed had talking to Torrie via email, I had asked him if SCT or BDX supported rolling maps and he got bent out of shape, I also asked him in regards to the direct injection and in pump fuel tank if the software allows adjustment for LTFT and STFT he wasn't very informative. I tuned my ST with the ATR software and it's great. My ST just turned 50K that I tuned back in 2013 using ATR , Big Turbo and 412 whp and it runs great , I am going to wait for Cobb to release the new AP3 for it and purchase that, I don't like the fact that Unleashed can't do rolling maps or any of the new switching that Cobb and AEM have. I definitely won't be using Torrie, not when he treats his new customers like that. Just thought I would share my experience.

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's not what I want to hear after making a purchase from unleashed. But on the other hand you definitely can't satisfy everyone. Good luck. I hope I don't have any issues.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Your getting 412whp out of your focus? I assume you have forged internals and an upgrade fuel system for that powa.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I totally understand what you are saying, being that I have owned and still own my own business, if I have a customer that wants more information on a product that I sell, I will tell them I am busy at the moment and would be glad to explain the information to them on the phone at a later time in detail, Torrie did not explain the information, not state that he was busy and could not answer my questions, that I had asked, and just basically told me to pound sand. :eek:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Your getting 412whp out of your focus? I assume you have forged internals and an upgrade fuel system for that powa.
Stock internals and meth as a fuel adder

·
Registered
176 Posts
Stock internals and meth as a fuel adder
wow I am not even on the list anymore LOL each one has a dyno sheet on these most of them are stock internals

1. naSTy2015 533/508 (Aux Fuel E50)
2. Specv1113 514/472 (Aux Fuel E40)
3. KwikSilver 508/455 (E30/Meth)
4. TuxedST 466/415 (110 Stock Fuel System)
5. [email protected] 459/432 (E50 Aux Fuel)
6. MrsDHM 442/381 (E55 Aux Fuel)
7.pwnall1337 440/436 (e30 Aux Fuel)
8. amarweb* 438/400 (e30 Aux Fuel)
9. [email protected] 424/438 (93/Torco/WMI)
10. MarcoSD 413/375(Meth)

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
To be fair to Torrie, you have to understand that their livelihood depends on their tuning. If they go around helping everyone else tune cars, they lose the business. Granted, that's no excuse to be rude, but when you buy their products (or most other custom tuners), you buy them for the results THEY get. If you want to know the capability of the device so you know what results YOU could get, contact the device maker.

·
Registered
176 Posts
wow I am not even on the list anymore LOL each one has a dyno sheet on these most of them are stock internals

1. naSTy2015 533/508 (Aux Fuel E50)
2. Specv1113 514/472 (Aux Fuel E40)
3. KwikSilver 508/455 (E30/Meth)
4. TuxedST 466/415 (110 Stock Fuel System)
5. [email protected] 459/432 (E50 Aux Fuel)
6. MrsDHM 442/381 (E55 Aux Fuel)
7.pwnall1337 440/436 (e30 Aux Fuel)
8. amarweb* 438/400 (e30 Aux Fuel)
9. [email protected] 424/438 (93/Torco/WMI)
10. MarcoSD 413/375(Meth)

The top 10 on E85 Stock turbo back in 2013

Stock Turbo (E85)

1. Red 298/357
2. NeX 294/353
3. DAILjR 293/383
4. Ricochet 291/373 ;)
5. SLowST 288/377
6.Hommel 282/398
7 Slstomper 282/346
8. Jypsu123 280/387
9. Xtreme2ner 280/376
10. Etstudey 271/370

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ordered the sct x4 tuner with the Black Friday deals. Looking forward to getting it and running. I appreciate the input from everyone and will keep you posted on the results. Merry Xmas to me haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts