Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Good numbers @Mason31 ! Slight downslope looks like, but 1% would hardly make a difference so that's really nice performance.

I see you're running stock other than the tune. What kind of tune are you running? What about fuel?

Thanks for sharing, I imagine it's a fun ride!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good numbers @Mason31 ! Slight downslope looks like, but 1% would hardly make a difference so that's really nice performance.

I see you're running stock other than the tune. What kind of tune are you running? What about fuel?

Thanks for sharing, I imagine it's a fun ride!
Unleashed 93 octane tune, it shifts so much better and launches better

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Transmission tuning a lone will make a car feel fast sometimes with out adding any power, throw another 60 to 70 hp at it, and you'll really feel it.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
347 Posts
Unleashed 93 octane tune, it shifts so much better and launches better
I would love to see the dyno of stock FFS with Unleashed 93 octane tune.

Below yoiu can find my dyno with stock car after chip tuning
I cannot find the post but somebody adivced me to try pedal box or some transimission tuning, but for the time being I haven't find anyone who can do it.

My main goal is to have better response from the down (below 2000rpm) and paradoxically chip tuning worsened this reaction :(

Rectangle Slope Font Line Plot

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Hi @Wojtas ,

Below 2000 power is harder to get safely on any engine in any car because that's the area where LSPI is a high threat. What saves us with our cars is the tight direct injection, but I don't recommend playing with fire too much so below 2000 I just think staying away from increased torque requests is probably wise. If you do, consider keeping them a little lower. But these engines are built like tanks so above 2000 they should be able to take a lot.

Actually depending on how careful you want to be you might want to play it safe up to about 2500.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi @Wojtas ,

Below 2000 power is harder to get safely on any engine in any car because that's the area where LSPI is a high threat. What saves us with our cars is the tight direct injection, but I don't recommend playing with fire too much so below 2000 I just think staying away from increased torque requests is probably wise. If you do, consider keeping them a little lower. But these engines are built like tanks so above 2000 they should be able to take a lot.

Actually depending on how careful you want to be you might want to play it safe up to about 2500.
Hi @Engineer

thanks for info! So maybe it was you who mentioned about LSPI before :)
Maybe it is only my personal feeling, but after chip tuning I feel like the car is less responsive than before tuning.

I'm talking about the lower RPM range :D

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Appreciate it, it took a few launches to figure it out. It wants to spin a lot so hoping to go to the track to try on a prepped surface in better weather
In my experience the tuners usually tune things to reduce the torque reduction on initial throttle (it's in the Launch settings I think) but they're mainly doing that because a car that loses grip feels faster, subjectively, than one that just plants and rolls. One could argue though, that if your tires are spinning, you're not moving, so there's that whole argument. But I love a good NASCAR burnout as much as anyone, so even though I understand the fact you're not moving if you're spinning, it sure feels good and looks cool. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In my experience the tuners usually tune things to reduce the torque reduction on initial throttle (it's in the Launch settings I think) but they're mainly doing that because a car that loses grip feels faster, subjectively, than one that just plants and rolls. One could argue though, that if your tires are spinning, you're not moving, so there's that whole argument. But I love a good NASCAR burnout as much as anyone, so even though I understand the fact you're not moving if you're spinning, it sure feels good and looks cool. :cool:
I picked up 6mph in the quarter so it definitely added some power as well, it’s not as noticeable when you get rolling tho

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
To be honest I'd rather have a certain amount of tire spin, but only because it helps with keeping the drive axles happy. These cars already hook up like no other, to the point it can be pretty violent.

Reactions: Engineer
1 - 14 of 14 Posts