Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a e mail and I followed up with Livernois - They do have 93 Octane tune available for the Sport - According to them it does address concerns with throttle response and shift points - They sent me a dyno results graph at the wheels of course These numbers were on a dynojet -
Torque 317 to 367
HP 255 to 322 (note they had one run with a stock of 267 but could not duplicate it)

The Torque curve had a spike at about 3000rpm but then flattened out and stayed consistent at 350 and the HP curve was very nice - Looking at the graph I would say you do not want to go to red line on shifts around 5000rpm looks like the sweet spot --I am sure if you give them a call they will send you the chart -

Looks like a good start and they said they will be additional updates

My plan is to run the car stock next Weds - after that I will decide on whether I want to tune now since we only have month left at the track or wait until next spring

·
Registered
529 Posts
Great news, you should post the graph for all to see.

I am heading there tomorrow (Friday) to pick up my tuner and get it all hooked up.

·
Registered
278 Posts
This is great news for sure.

I still have a few months before I can order my Sport, but in the meantime I can view all the reports
here and then make a decision on the tune, but I am pretty sure I will purchase one.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Maybe we could get some firm "I will buy" participant list over to them to see if a price break is an option.
I know DaveE was asking people to send him a PM if they would be interested in a group buy. I would bet if we got enough people we could get some kind of discount.

·
Registered
278 Posts
DaveE,

Was keeping a list of those who were interested in purchasing their tune.

Check with him and see if he is still keeping one.

Maybe he can submit the list and if there are enough interested maybe they will.

Reactions: Dconlan4

·
Registered
278 Posts
That is what I am going to do...

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm also interested in participating. I cannot commit yet though, need to see what the price would be first.
Same here. Also, I'm in CA and 93 is very hard to find. I'd prefer an 87 tune but would also have interest in a 91.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Please include me as well.
Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tentatively in as well.

Just kinda wonder about potentially breaking things/voiding warranties. Coming from GM, seemed like if you sneezed on the vehicle the warranty was void..

How many tunes can the device hold? Think I'd want at least 3, stock, 87 & 93 performance tuned.

Wonder what the gains are on 87. And what is stage 1? Tune only? Stage 2 would be like bolt ons + tune?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Tentatively in as well.

Just kinda wonder about potentially breaking things/voiding warranties. Coming from GM, seemed like if you sneezed on the vehicle the warranty was void..

How many tunes can the device hold? Think I'd want at least 3, stock, 87 & 93 performance tuned.

Wonder what the gains are on 87. And what is stage 1? Tune only? Stage 2 would be like bolt ons + tune?
The device can hold stock + 4 tunes. I think the different stages will be varying degrees of performance. I'd imagine the tunes would "work" best coupled with other performance mods, but I have seen on other forums vehicles running stage 2,3,4 tunes and that's it.

My strategy is to see if they can do a 87 performance tune, 93 performance tune, and an eco tune. There may be instances, when taking long road trips that I want to have increase MPG.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The device can hold stock + 4 tunes. I think the different stages will be varying degrees of performance. I'd imagine the tunes would "work" best coupled with other performance mods, but I have seen on other forums vehicles running stage 2,3,4 tunes and that's it.

My strategy is to see if they can do a 87 performance tune, 93 performance tune, and an eco tune. There may be instances, when taking long road trips that I want to have increase MPG.
I guess I'd have to get details on exactly what each does, but I would be most interested in stock, 87 tune, 91 tune, eco tune.

(Just in case we're gathering input for LMS)

Reactions: Wildcat Birdie

·
Registered
101 Posts

Cool. So a stage 2+ could just be a more aggressive tune. So do they charge more for higher stage tunes, or you get access to everything?

And how is Livernois in regards to the competition? Could we see better tunes, cheaper programmers from others?

Just trying to determine what exactly we're getting with this programmer for the $$$. Although 60+whp for $600 is pretty good value anyway.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts