Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the TTR Stage 2 trans mount and I am looking for the factory torque specs so I can begin my install thanks ...

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts
They didn't provide instructions and torque specs?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't find any in the package

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I knew Oreo would chime in with the FSM! I found that part in the online FSM as well but I wasn't sure if it was the right mount/isolator.

Curious as to why an aftermarket mount is needed. Are you guys running drag radials or slicks and getting axle hop? I've never experienced any axle hop or wheel hop with my SHO or Fusion Sport using street tires, and they are consistently netting 1.8x 60' times. The SHO guys getting 1.7 60' are running DR's but still had stock mounts without any problems. My 09 Cobalt SS Turbo had the worst wheel hop at the track. It was so bad to the point the entire car felt like it was going to shake apart and my rear view mirror would droop down from the vibrations. Powell sold a set of mounts that re-aligns the powertrain because apparently GM designed the stock mounts for the LNF GTDI turbo engine w/ an automatic, so the manual mis-aligns the axles a bit. The new mounts aligns that. Now my Cobalt just spins the tires during launches without any axle/wheel hop. My girlfriend's Malibu LTZ w/ LTG 2.0 has smooth tire spin as well (easy to light them up).

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My last outing to the strip I got some wheel hop if I tried to brake boost over 2300rpms

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Mr Oreo for the help

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2.0 and 1.9 on the wheel hop had 2 passes on 1.88 60 foot

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update : bolt for bushing side of mount did not fit had to drill it out to 9/16 ...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Update : bolt for bushing side of mount did not fit had to drill it out to 9/16 ...
Patrick (we believe) we apologize for this! We did check inventory and found one other aluminum bushing in the bin that was undersize (.515" diameter thru hole) All the rest were .580" diameter, which it should have been.

Being aluminum it should have drilled out very easy, and again sorry for this mix up.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Patrick (we believe) we apologize for this! We did check inventory and found one other aluminum bushing in the bin that was undersize (.515" diameter thru hole) All the rest were .580" diameter, which it should have been.

Being aluminum it should have drilled out very easy, and again sorry for this mix up.
What is the housing made out of?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would like to thank TurboTech Racing for making the mount , quality is top notch install was easy and it fit like a glove , you can really feel the torque now and the NVH is less then expected , I park on a slight hill and the car would rock back and fourth when shifting to park that is now gone . No big deal on Drilling the bushing it was easy wd40 and a little effort made it a quick fix ….

Attachments

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used the A/C for the first time since the install there is a noticeable vibration at idle with A/C on other then that I see no down side to installing this mount

·
Registered
244 Posts
I used the A/C for the first time since the install there is a noticeable vibration at idle with A/C on other then that I see no down side to installing this mount
I’m having wheel hop issues at the track as well. I‘ve already installed the cPe lower motor mount. Would you mind walking me through your install? How did you get your torque wrench on the “small” end? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
It was a mofo but I used a crowfoot wrench to make it happen on the small end , I followed the ford guide to the letter make sure to use lock tight blue on the studs and nuts as I had to retorque them after 200 miles , I like the mount but it is very noisy when shifting at low speeds

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thank you! Have you been to the track with it yet? Did it help your wheel hop?

When I first put in the cpe stage 1 lower mount it really improved shift firmness during full throttle (which I really liked) but then it “broke in” and now it’s less noticeable.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you will definitely feel this mount , I changed the front two tires and the trans mount at the same time and I have not had any wheel hop since

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Registered
244 Posts
So it’s under the battery tray I take it?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts