Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to replace the PTU oil on my wife's 2014 Escape but noticed there was a thin film of oil on the passenger axle. Since we had an extended warranty, I bought it to the Ford dealer expecting the PTU to be replaced. However, I was told that the leak would be fixed by replacing an axle strap - which wasn't covered under the warranty, unfortunately. So a search turned up the following TSB which applies to multiple vehicles with Ecoboost engines including Fusiions and MKZ's:

Leaking Shaft Seal TSB

I got a quote of roughly $440 for the repair and I will have the PTU oil changed as well. Just FYI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was going to replace the PTU oil on my wife's 2014 Escape but noticed there was a thin film of oil on the passenger axle. Since we had an extended warranty, I bought it to the Ford dealer expecting the PTU to be replaced. However, I was told that the leak would be fixed by replacing an axle strap - which wasn't covered under the warranty, unfortunately. So a search turned up the following TSB which applies to multiple vehicles with Ecoboost engines including Fusiions and MKZ's:

Leaking Shaft Seal TSB

I got a quote of roughly $440 for the repair and I will have the PTU oil changed as well. Just FYI.
Is this what you saw? Have this on my fusion sport.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts