Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my handle, dirty paws be damned...

FS800 pro tucked in underneath the dots...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Did the handle just snap on before you screwed it in? I could never get mine off, but I didn't too hard try in fear of breaking the plastic.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I kind of want a dash cam.
Are you wanting Front view only, both front and back, parking mode? I can give you a few ideas depending on your budget

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the handle just snap on before you screwed it in? I could never get mine off, but I didn't too hard try in fear of breaking the plastic.
Not quite. There's 2 screws securing it to the car via metal clips/hardware. One end I snapped in. The other end, I put the clip in first.

The plastic handle attaches to the car via 2 metal clips. Once the clips are snapped into the car, they can't be removed. But, the clips attach to the plastic via screws. If you remove those, you can pull off the handle.

Part number is fs7z-54434a14-ba. $80 Canadian.

In my first post, zoom into the picture & you'll see a seam. Its a small panel that's secured with 2 plastic tabs. Pop that end w/a small tool, then wiggle & pull to free the other end. Behind it are the 2 screws for the clips. One is easy to get at. The other, PITA. You'll need a small ratcheting screw driver. In this picture, you can see the clip I put in first.

Attachments

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Well that may explain why I couldn't get it off easily. I only found 1 screw! Haha. Like I said I didn't try very hard anyways, was able to easily change my harness without removing it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
I opted to mount my camera where I could not see it while driving. Rear camera can barely be seen too

·
Registered
320 Posts
That trunk handle is the best thing ever, so glad mine came from the factory with it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've been really happy with my VIOFO A119S dash cam. Very small profile when mounted on the passenger side of the rearview mirror I never notice it while driving.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm curious about all three, would be kinda fun to have.
Ok if you want F/R + parking mode go for this (a bit pricey - but it's the setup I have minus parking mode) - this camera also supports cloud so if you have a wifi hotspot in the car - you can remote into the camera(assuming you have parking mode) and view and pull videos
https://www.amazon.com/BlackVue-DR7...342917&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=dr750s-2ch&psc=1

I opted to do only during the car running(no power magic pro). If you don't want parking mode, you can definitely find the same camera for $70-$100 less.

If you want simple F/R with good image quality then this is a much cheaper option (doesn't have all the wifi/cloud features of the one above but still a very capable system). Also does not have parking mode.

https://www.amazon.com/Veckle-Chann...UTF8&qid=1517343109&sr=1-2&keywords=mini+0906

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Finally got my handle, dirty paws be damned...

FS800 pro tucked in underneath the dots...

So I installed the handle on my trunk earlier tonight as well. Thought I was methodical about marking / cutting (using your pics as reference). Once I pushed the handle in place thinking everything lined up - the liner shifted slightly upwards towards the trunk lid. I was able to cut a little extra off the top for more room and it's better now, but I noticed there's like a few mm gap between the handle and liner. Looking at it head on you can't really tell but from the side it's noticeable - OCD in me lol.

The cutout itself seems to be spot on but the handle protrudes slightly - does yours do this as well?

I know that the handle / liners / screw hole placements probably have tolerances but luckily, it's close enough that it won't bother me if it's functional.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’ll double check but I don’t think so. Looks like you need to shave more off the side?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had a dealership install the trunklid pull in mine on Friday, and I can't say they did an amazing job. They quoted me labour to install when I ordered the part, so I figured they knew what they were doing. They then called me to tell me the button on the outside of the trunk was fine and it opened when they pressed it... Should have known then to say I'll just take the part home, thanks.

Looking here i'm thinking they didn't cut a big enough hole in the trim around the handle since it's really stressed around the the two little rubber bumpers. Also a big gap around both sides in the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm with WhiteGhost, I didn't even notice i had the handle installed on my trunk lid until I saw the the first post on this topic. What is it for?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm with WhiteGhost, I didn't even notice i had the handle installed on my trunk lid until I saw the the first post on this topic. What is it for?
To close the trunk. Prefer a handle over the lip.

For folks who don’t want to cut (or pay to get it done), you can order/find a 2017 liner & handle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts