Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and i booked a weekend get away for next month. We are going to the Rock and roll hall of fame in Cleveland(any people on here from around there?) Due to her not having vacation time until October we decided to drive. The total mileage round trip will be a little over 1000 miles, i cant wait to see what it does MPG wise on a long trip. Compared to some of you guys on here i hardly drive this car, even with all the random ill run out to get milk and driving my wife all over ive had this car since late February and haven't broken 4k miles yet.

ill try to get some pics while we are there

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you're a nerd/grown child like me, might I also recommend the Science Center right next door to the R&RHOF. The two make for a great day with lunch somewhere downtown in between.

Edgewater Park might also make for a good photo-op depending on how many people are there/how they're parked.

Hope you have fun!

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the suggestions!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Have a trip planned for August to Chicago. Similar distance. Looking forward for the long run to see what the fuel run will be like. Also a proper test of seats and suspension comfort.

Going with friends so we will convoy down running at about 75mph. Not ideal fuel economy but will be a good gauge for me to compare with previous cars.

Hoping that we can detour through detroit on the way back to do a drive by the dearborn site. Even though the fusion is assembled south of the other border, its still a ford.
Good luck on the trip. The cruise will come in handy.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Couple of other things
USS Cod Submarine- haven't been on it in 30 years, want to take my daughter this summer
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...SS_Cod_Submarine_Memorial-Cleveland_Ohio.html

Also when you're at the GLSC, don't forget to go down to the water and tour the William G Mather freighter,
it's on my short list as well.

Ally Cat Oyster bar is a great place to eat, right on the river, I was there with some peeps last year before the NBA finals and the entire Cavs team showed up to party. Lola is great too.

The aquarium isn't anything to write about.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I averaged 26, according to the gauge, going to Vegas with nothing but a K&N at around 3000 miles on the odo. Hills and up to 100 mph. It was real quiet and you don't know your going that fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts