Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought my 2017 fusion sport a few months ago been noticing a clunk noise when putting it into reverse also was driving at lower speed through a parking lot when it down shifted also made the same clunk anyone else having this problem? should i take it to a dealer? current mileage is about 1200 miles

·
Registered
127 Posts
It is normal. Mine does it too as does all the sports at my dealership.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Well, either I've never noticed, or you might want to have it checked out. Is it blatantly obvious?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine too. I think it's the strut pushing down so hard that it does it when I back out of my driveway it does it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine too. I think it's the strut pushing down so hard that it does it when I back out of my driveway it does it.
I've gotten used to using my e-brake every time I park my car now. By setting the eBrake while your foot is still on the brake after stopping, your car will not roll back or fourth in park at all, eliminating stress on the transmission.

·
Registered
481 Posts
setting the parking brake is probaly a good idea considering how far these cars roll after putting it in park and letting off the foot brake. This may have somehting to do with the noise going into R.

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
868 Posts
I don't set my parking brake unless the hill is actually a hill. I get a pop when shifting from park to reverse or drive in that situation. I also get one if I am very lightly accelerating at slow speeds. The pop almost always comes at about 20mph +/- a couple mph. I'd only driven manuals my last 2 cars, so it makes me IRK everytime I hear it. I just hate how long the E-parking brake takes to engage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had this happen, mostly driving through the parking or at really slow speeds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts