Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you know if there is any upgrades for the 2017 Ford Fusion sport transmission that can handle more power
I’m not aware of any and I haven’t seen anyone modify the trans in the forum or facebook group. Ford has a better AWD 10 speed trans for the F150 (10R80 I think). I don’t know if it’d fit and even if it did, it wouldn’t be worth the cost or effort to completely change the drivetrain.

That being said, you’ll have to upgrade turbos, fuel pump, PTU, axles, and maybe others before the trans is the limiting factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you got the money to spare, you follow in this guys footsteps.
Fusion RWD Coyote
HA!

·
Registered
233 Posts
The guys In this video mention upgrading the tranny in this Edge Sport... wonder if something like that is available for us.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
World's Fastest EcoBoost (INSERT NAME OF PLATFORM) while eating a banana crossing the 1/4 mile line

·
Registered
233 Posts
Got a response from the guys who built that Edge Sport. He said they got “hooked up by Level 10 Transmission” and I’m assuming that means they rebuilt the tranny. A quick google search found their shop in NJ. No mention of the 6F55 on their website but they charge around $4,500 to rebuild Mustang trannys.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah they are holding up in the heavier SHO with more power. Axles seem to be the weak point here which is great since they are much cheaper than Transmissions or PTUs.
We have same trans as SHO and so far it isn't the weak point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts