Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I love my Fusion Sport but I would like to make some changes to the transmission control.

I would like to be able to use the same full manual mode when in normal mode not just sport. On badly paved roads sport can be a harsh ride after a while.

When in manual mode I think the transmission should only return to 2nd gear and not 1st. Going all the back to 1st is clunky in stop and go traffic. My Pontiac G8 only returned to 2nd and I always wondered why GM did that and now I know. 300HP cars don't need 1st gear. lol

Also, when I switch from normal to sport, I change modes so I can switch gears on my own. Why does the car downshift. That's my job.

If anyone has any idea what type of programmer / tool / software to do this please reply.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
142 Posts
Would love to hear input on this, as well. This is my biggest gripe with the car almost 10 months later. The trans just sucks if you want to legitimately have fun with the car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
A tune will help with 90% or so of the tranny lag and shifting issues.
Good to know. I'm on a lease and still hesitant to do that in case I give it up at the end. If I keep the car following the lease, though, I may do that.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yes it is and I know what you mean about them discovering the tune. Its better to be safe than sorry, but I do wonder what they would say if they found out you tuned it under a lease.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts