Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to getting 18" Ford Focus ST wheels for the winter. I think they have tpms already. Will the sensors work on the Fusion Sport. And if they didn't come with sensors, would there be any away to disable the tire pressure indicator?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
If they aren't compatible, you'll have to drive around with the low tire warning indicator. I don't think you can disable it, government reg.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'll let you know here in the next few days. I'm getting mine mounted this weekend

Reactions: Dconlan4

·
Registered
150 Posts
According to Tirerack for 2017 Ford changed the sensors so they can display actual pressure and aren't compatible with 2016. Unless the Focus ST already had that feature sounds like they aren't. BTW the sensors are $36 a piece.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to Tirerack for 2017 Ford changed the sensors so they can display actual pressure and aren't compatible with 2016. Unless the Focus ST already had that feature sounds like they aren't. BTW the sensors are $36 a piece.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I pretty sure they all are 315MHZ for Ford. You can leave them alone or have them set with a trigger tool, or manually by hitting hazards 6 times with the ignition on and train each tire

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I pretty sure they all are 315MHZ for Ford. You can leave them alone or have them set with a trigger tool, or manually by hitting hazards 6 times with the ignition on and train each tire
Are you serious? You've done this? Just curious

Reactions: Dconlan4

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm curious about this also as I have the rims off a 2105 Focus ST that I haven't installed yet. It has the TPMS12 which is also 315MHZ as our TPMS42. I'm hoping it will still tell the car about low pressure and not display a light but won't display the actual pressure.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well tires are mounted, going to be painting them tomorrow so I'll have more info by Sunday

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well I have some bad news.... I tried to program the TPMS sensors on the Focus ST(TPMS12) rims and it didn't work. I did the the hazards press six times and then air up or down tire procedure and it didn't work. I do own the TPMS programming tool and tried that tonight and it didn't work on any of the four ST rims and tires, and did work on the stock rims(TPMS42). Looks like I need to get ones that are compatible.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well I have some bad news.... I tried to program the TPMS sensors on the Focus ST(TPMS12) rims and it didn't work. I did the the hazards press six times and then air up or down tire procedure and it didn't work. I do own the TPMS programming tool and tried that tonight and it didn't work on any of the four ST rims and tires, and did work on the stock rims(TPMS42). Looks like I need to get ones that are compatible.
Dammit, I haven't tried mine yet. Good to hear

1 - 16 of 16 Posts