Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
So I tried to debadge today. Took off the ecoboost badge easily with dental floss and used a little goo gone for the residue left behind. Took my pain right off.

Searched Amazon for Ford Ruby Red touch up paint. Tons of results. Any one with personal recommendations? I've always been bad at using the brush on touch up paint.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I tried to debadge today. Took off the ecoboost badge easily with dental floss and used a little goo gone for the residue left behind. Took my pain right off.

Searched Amazon for Ford Ruby Red touch up paint. Tons of results. Any one with personal recommendations? I've always been bad at using the brush on touch up paint.
My 2015 Mustang was that color code RR. The only thing on the market is from Motorcraft part #PMPC-19500-7283A. Perfect match as this color is a tri-color. Your car code should be RR. Give your Ford dealer a call, its not cheap.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Strange, I've also used goo gone numerous times on cars with no issues. Are you sure it wasn't goof off or maybe the chip was there and the badge was covering it.
Anyways, a good one is Dr. Colorchip. Look it up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crap. I looked again. It was goof off and not goo gone That's what happens when I'm doing a rush job because I never have the time to spend to do it right.

It's a contained chip, so hopefully I can touch it up and it will look good. Otherwise I'll slap a twin turbo badge over it and not take off any more emblems. At least it's plastic so it won't rust.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the recs guys. Hopefully tomorrow I can start fixing it up if I can find the time. Dr. Colorchip looks like it would work well since I can't paint smooth lines with a brush.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
126 Posts
Trust me the stuff is amazing! I used to to touch up a door ding on a crease on the front fender of my mustang. Never knew there was a problem unless you were right up on it. And that only because it was down to metal.

I have already bought some for my car. Never hurts to have it on hand.

Reactions: Magnetic

·
Registered
100 Posts

If the paint is just missing where the badge was, wipe it with some alcohol, put some Carbon Flex C9 (or similar product) on to seal it, and put your badge back on, Buddy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've bought from these guys and the color match was perfect. I had to replace a tow hook cap on my Subaru WRX front bumper. My paint was Dark Grey Metallic and I could only get a raw unpainted cap - more than a cap actually.

Ordered the plastic adhesive spray, the metallic paint using my color code and the clear coat spray. Came out perfect.

Touch Up Paint and accessories | AutomotiveTouchup

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've bought from these guys and the color match was perfect. I had to replace a tow hook cap on my Subaru WRX front bumper. My paint was Dark Grey Metallic and I could only get a raw unpainted cap - more than a cap actually.

Ordered the plastic adhesive spray, the metallic paint using my color code and the clear coat spray. Came out perfect.

Touch Up Paint and accessories | AutomotiveTouchup
That's a good recommendation. Thanks. I like the spray concept and triple layer.

I went to the dealership and they gave me the OEM Motorcraft touch up paint for free, so I tried that first. Maybe it blends better on metal, but for the plastic trunk it looks too light and stands out.

Dr. Colorchip is in the mail. Might switch to this though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts