Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with the drivers touch door lock not recognizing your finger touch? Ours sometime does and at times doesn't. Kind of feel like a fool groping the door handle.

Also our drivers mirror moves to the far outside position once the key is recognized when getting into the car. It happens with both of our keys. Tried resetting the mirror a number of times but doesn't fix it, it doesn't do it every time (75% of the time) but it is a pain to have to adjust it time and time again. Anyone else experience this?

Think it has anything to do with the new ACM?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Did they check that your DDM was properly updated and functional. Sometime issues crop up after the ACM update.

The auto unlock works about 95% of the time for me, however that last 5% has me grasping the handle three or so times to get it to unlock.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yep
Numbers light up but no function, mine didn't even work when the sales person demo'd it.
Service writer said he's never seen it before, he's seen no power but if it has power it should work.
I had an appointment last Wed. but had to cancel because I had to go out of town for work.
I'll try to get another appointment this week.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I haven't had the touch issue with my Fusion, but I do have it once in a while on my '16 Escape Titanium. It's both irritating and embarrassing. Oddly, we had a '14 Escape Titanium leased before this Escape, but that never had the touch issue this one does even tho it's exactly the same design.

As far as the mirror thing, it could be the DDM, or could be something else. Do you have the "easy entry" option turned on? My DDM is fried and I'm waiting for a new one, and right now if I use my memory seats my driver's side mirror moves all the way in and won't move until I restart the car.

·
Banned
249 Posts
some notes on the touch sensitive handles. I dunno if they are like the Edge where the inside of the handle unlocks and the piece on outside locks it. I have found that if your passengers beat you to the door handle, it wont unlock until they let go and you retouch.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine have issues especially in the rain.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mine touch doorhandle is more picky in the rain for sure. Also, I've noticed that like someone above said, towards the rear of the door handle, there is a place that has some lines on it and if I press that, everything lights up and it sounds like it attempts to re-lock the car. Then I have to wait a second and touch the OTHER part of the handle for it to unlock. Also, if I am hand washing the car with the key in my pocket, it locks/un-locks constantly! lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine seems to get picky every now and then and it takes 2 or 3 tries to unlock as mentioned above, but otherwise works pretty good for the most part. My 9 year old thinks its cool that the doors won't unlock for him until I'm standing next to the car. Hand washing the car with keys in pocket definitely doesn't work that well. I have to leave the keys on my workcenter in the garage while I do that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Regarding the mirror - maybe you have the bad position saved in your driver 1 or 2 configuration? After you set the mirror where you want it, re-save your driver settings.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Mine touch doorhandle is more picky in the rain for sure. Also, I've noticed that like someone above said, towards the rear of the door handle, there is a place that has some lines on it and if I press that, everything lights up and it sounds like it attempts to re-lock the car. Then I have to wait a second and touch the OTHER part of the handle for it to unlock. Also, if I am hand washing the car with the key in my pocket, it locks/un-locks constantly! lol
Yes, the spot on the handle with the lines locks the car when touched. I use it 90% of the time to lock my car. Haven't noticed any problems outside of a quick glitch here and there.

I love the fact that all four doors have the same functionality. My wife's 16' Explorer only has front passenger "touch handles". Pisses me off everytime I try to get something out of the back of her car. Once you get use to a car with all the bells/whistles you like, you expect them to be on every car. (I'm really not that old but I remember once telling someone that I would never pay for power door locks,lol)

Options that the Sport introduced to me:

Touch handles on every door

One touch up AND down on ALL windows(what the heck is the point of this only being on the drivers window, and wouldn't up be even more useful than down)

Music app integration

Cooled seats (are the bomb)

Suede seats, had velour seats in a 80's Buick Regal(would rather have all leather though)

Tuning

Online Car forums

TWIN TURBO V6 BABY!!!

Sorry got a little off topic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts