Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a couple of runs yesterday testing out the Sports upper MPH performance. The 70-120 video was in D while the 80-128ish video was in sport mode and both on stock tune. For whatever reason, the car seemed to get to 120 faster in D. Seems the rev limiter/Gov kicks in at 128. I plan to make a few more runs as soon as my heads get replaced next week and get my tune installed.
Runs were on a closed course of some type.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Looks like the car has more to go but gets stopped.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
96 Posts
Last weekend I hit 135 and when I told my friend he couldn't believe how smooth the the ride and pull was at that speed. Don't think I'll be pushing it any further. It was just a focus ST that didn't want to have any fun decided to pass me with a 15 mph head start.

Reactions: 1153

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
Your limiter kicks in at 128? Mine went a good amount faster than that before it stopped accelerating the one and only time I tried it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Your limiter kicks in at 128? Mine went a good amount faster than that before it stopped accelerating the one and only time I tried it.
thought the same thing, this is so odd lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
I thought the same, but in the video you can see my RPMs drop off at 128 and then I let off after that.

Hey Vert,

This test track event was pretty amazing. I could hear the RPM do something but unfortunately the gauge was configured for fuel mileage.

Sorry, don't want to offend but if you ever make it to the airstrip again. I would love to see the tach in conjunction with the speedo.

Regards,
Flew

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Vert,

This test track event was pretty amazing. I could hear the RPM do something but unfortunately the gauge was configured for fuel mileage.

Sorry, don't want to offend but if you ever make it to the airstrip again. I would love to see the tach in conjunction with the speedo.

Regards,
Flew
The tach is there, its right of the fuel gauge. Its the truncated version.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The tach is there, its right of the fuel gauge. Its the truncated version.
Sorry Vert,

I truly never noticed that tach set up before.

Take care.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Apparently there are multiple governors built into the Sport. After a few revisions in my tune I went for a run and I topped out at 140. Mine was set at 128 like yours, and with the tune it was a similar story. It hit 140 with ease, then just stopped. I asked my tuner about it and this was his reply: "I had the speed limiters at 300kph or 186mph. And it looks like sct added some parameters and there are quite a few speed limiters. Some for trans and oil and ambient temps...And some of the drive modes that your car may or may not have and some of them are lower than 186 mph so you could've been on one of them...There is one for powertrain limit and it's 222 so that's pretty close to 140mph..."

I'm gonna give it another go in S mode, and if it still stops at 140 I'll have him bump some of the other limiters up. Not that I need to drive 150+, but it's neat to know that I could if I wanted.

Reactions: dlm1984 and Rice

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I plan on seeing what it does after I get my tune loaded as long as I dont run out of road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts