Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
781 Posts
If I remember correctly, the last time @Oreo posted his milage he was over 100k

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
927 Posts
I should go look at the Stinger boards and see if anybody has driven one of those into the six digits yet…

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi BD. Yes, on the 2018, 4,000 is essentially my exact annual mileage. 3 years 1 1/2 months... and 12,007 miles.

My annual mileage before the pandemic (on my older MKZ) was probably ~6,000-7,000 miles (still not exactly a lot).

Good luck.
This is pretty much where I was pre-pandemic, these days with everything work from home, I drive around 200 miles/month. Its not all bad, I got gas last week, it was the 6th time I filled up this year, hah.

I've had my car for 21 months now and have ~4800 miles. The last new car I owned I drove 82k miles in 10 years, I was expecting to get 60-80k on this car over the same time frame since I now live closer to work, but at this rate I probably wont break 50k.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I should go look at the Stinger boards and see if anybody has driven one of those into the six digits yet…
Those Stingers will easily go a million miles, what with all the engineering and stuff, and the magic potion they use.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Those Stingers will easily go a million miles, what with all the engineering and stuff, and the magic potion they use.
I know the Stinger Braggy Bros are drinking some kind of magic potion! Ha!

Reactions: ColoradoGuy

·
Registered
35 Posts
There's something about crossing over a 10000 mile mark. Every time I go over another 10000 it's kind of a special day. I've always been like that with my cars. Even bigger for things like 25000, or especially 50000 or 100000 mile multiples! Although I don't think I've ever owned a car to the 200k mark yet. ;)
Is it bad if you can quarter that last statement for me? Hahaha. Though I did keep my V6 4wd Rav for 60something. That's the record. By Engineer's mileage, I could get at least 14 more years out of my 17. I think I just might with this thing. I love it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
It’s a Catch-22. On one hand you want to keep them in the best possible condition, enjoy the feeling of a “new” car every time you get in behind the wheel, but on the other hand, they’re so rewarding to drive, you want to drive them all the time. Although I really wish I could turn back the clock, I can’t say I regret all the miles of enjoyment this car has provided to me.

Back in the mid ‘80s my dad bought a used ‘78 or ‘79 (can’t remember exactly) Ford Fiesta Mk.1, and he loved that car so much that when an ‘80 popped up in the paper, he went and bought it, too! Understand that back then, living paycheck to paycheck, it was an absurdly irrational and extravagant thing to buy a car and “save it” (and Mom made that abundantly clear to Dad almost weekly). It helped that both cars combined took up less space in the driveway than my ‘67 Galaxie 500 hardtop. Dad commuted 25-30k a year and he drove the first Fiesta from originally 80k to over 220k then sold it for enough to buy new tires (12” diameter! They were relatively cheap, but those things did burn through tires - the revolutions per mile must have been ridiculous!) and a battery for the second Fiesta. He drove that car from 60k to 200k as well! He never regretted buying either of those cars.

That’s how I’ve been feeling about my FuSport; maybe I can convince my wife to let me buy a very low mileage “backup” and hold it in reserve…

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
If I remember correctly, the last time @Oreo posted his mileage he was over 100k
Finally joined the club as well. BlueDust do you have the Ford Performance / Fusion graphic file?

Reactions: BlueDust

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Finally joined the club as well. BlueDust do you have the Ford Performance / Fusion graphic file?

View attachment 28413

490 miles to empty? Please explain on how you accomplish that? Do you adjust the MPG calibration in engineering mode just for the camera. 🤣
I assume you have a tune. What tune?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
No. That is the way I received it from Robert.
When I got mine from Rob it was running 2019 firmware with Ford Performance graphics, but I flashed mine down to 2018 Ford firmware so I could get my IPC speed limit signs back. So I lost the cool Ford Performance graphics but got my speed limit signs back on the IPC, so I'm happy. I don't know of a version of the firmware that has those graphics and also has the speed limit signs. If anyone does though, I'd love to get a copy of those firmware files. It would be pre-2019 firmware though for sure.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
When I got mine from Rob it was running 2019 firmware with Ford Performance graphics, but I flashed mine down to 2018 Ford firmware so I could get my IPC speed limit signs back. So I lost the cool be Ford Performance graphics but got my dropped limit signs back on the IPC, so I'm happy. I don't know of a version of the firmware that has those graphics and also has the speed limit signs. If anyone does though, I'd love to get a copy of those firmware files. It would be pre-2019 firmware though for sure.
Ford Performance didn't work on the Fusion Sport, Mondeo or Lincoln the cluster comes out of... As far as I know, they only work on cars with ST (or Mustang/Ford GT). From what I understand Rob made that firmware with the background graphics himself and took him a bit of work.

Reactions: Oreo

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
490 miles to empty? Please explain on how you accomplish that? Do you adjust the MPG calibration in engineering mode just for the camera. 🤣
Running a custom 93 octane Unleashed tune. No had to make an As-Built edit to correct the Fuel gauge. This is from a run I made this morning testing Fuel History...

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Hi @BlueDust a lot of the mileage calculation just has to do with how you drive. I know during the lockdowns my driving was so little my car was estimating like 200 miles on a full tank. But if I get a lot of highway driving for a while it'll eventually go up to near 500 miles on a full tank. Just depends on your driving mostly. Like you mentioned, you can adjust it in the engineering menu as well but a huge amount of it is just how you drive. Also getting on it hard and accelerating rapidly obviously decreases it. But it's hard not to with a car this awesome. 😎

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Running a custom 93 octane Unleashed tune. No had to make an As-Built edit to correct the Fuel gauge. This is from a run I made this morning testing Fuel History...

View attachment 28416
Are you saying having the custom 93 oct tune is what gives you 30MPG? Is that combined, city or highway?

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hi @BlueDust a lot of the mileage calculation just has to do with how you drive. I know during the lockdowns my driving was so little my car was estimating like 200 miles on a full tank. But if I get a lot of highway driving for a while it'll eventually go up to near 500 miles on a full tank. Just depends on your driving mostly. Like you mentioned, you can adjust it in the engineering menu as well but a huge amount of it is just how you drive. Also getting on it hard and accelerating rapidly obviously decreases it. But it's hard not to with a car this awesome. 😎
I have tracked my MPG since I bought the car at 205 miles. I get 19 combined per the Cluster and per app I use to track MPG on my phone. It is generally off by ~.1 mpg. Just to confirm I said it, that MPG is for the life of the vehicle, not just the last trip/fill up. Last fill up can be off by more than .1 mpg. Most of my driving is city driving. Will be more highway when I get back to the office later this year.
Last road trip I took avg 25mpg, but also had a lot of small towns I slowed down to 25mph, with lights. Not a lot of 70 mph freeway driving.

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
No. That is the way I received it from Robert.
I got mine from Mayur Reddy but was under the impression the graphics are loadable separately. Could be wrong as I am just now digging into the IPC stuff. I have the ST Ford Performance splash screen on the head unit. Yes the tune really helped with my highway mpg. As Engineer said how you drive also has a lot to do with it to. Here is another late evening run from New Orleans back to Baton Rouge on cruse.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts