Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blame the pandemic and working from home....

·
Registered
754 Posts
By the power vested in me as someone who wishes he could turn back the clock on what is now an irreplaceable vehicle; I absolve you of all blame, henceforth!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Reactions: BlueDust

·
Registered
706 Posts
Last I looked this morning I was at 32,400.

·
Registered
754 Posts
580A2F41-42DA-44A4-944E-E4A82D0C5E94.jpeg

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hi gang. My 2018 MKZ turned 3 on June 1st, and I just broke 12,000 miles yesterday. 🤗

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi gang. My 2018 MKZ turned 3 on June 1st, and I just broke 12,000 miles yesterday. 🤗

Good luck everyone!
You average 4k miles a year?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I used to average about 12k but I think in the last year I've put on maybe 200-300 miles in total. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: BlueDust

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to average about 12k but I think in the last year I've put on maybe 200-300 miles in total. :LOL:
That is not a lot of miles on a single oil change.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
That is not a lot of miles on a single oil change.
Yeah and I just got it changed not too long ago, and felt really bad about it because I had hardly used any of the miles. But, the oil was a year old and my oil life monitor said it was time. I didn't want to risk compromising the LSPI protection or anything, so I just went ahead and changed it. I don't know that it was needed; the VOCs in the oil have been around for thousands (millions?) of years, so I doubt there's much change that's going to occur in one year (or really even one human lifetime) because of just age, but the oil life monitor said it was time and I'm not a chemical engineer, so I just wasn't willing to take a chance. But yeah it's kind of a shame.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah and I just got it changed not too long ago, and felt really bad about it because I had hardly used any of the miles. But, the oil was a year old and my oil life monitor said it was time. I didn't want to risk compromising the LSPI protection or anything, so I just went ahead and changed it. I don't know that it was needed; the VOCs in the oil have been around for thousands (millions?) of years, so I doubt there's much change that's going to occur in one year (or really even one human lifetime) because of just age, but the oil life monitor said it was time and I'm not a chemical engineer, so I just wasn't willing to take a chance. But yeah it's kind of a shame.
I would have changed it to, but would also have had the feeling I was doing something wrong. But if I didn't change it, and instead just reset the oil monitor, I would have also had that feeling. Better safe than sorry!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I really just need to take it out and drive it more (I mean, all cars are made to be driven, but certainly that's especially true of driver's cars like these). I've been sort of stuck because of the way the last year has been, plus having to park in a common area and having disrespectful neighbors that run into your car and do a hit and run and it doesn't bother them at all, apparently. So I'm particular about where I park her, and really territorial about my spot when I manage to get a good one where I think she's less likely to get damaged by some neighbor.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Please start bottling your used oil and send it to me so I can finish it for you! Lol!

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really just need to take it out and drive it more (I mean, all cars are made to be driven, but certainly that's especially true of driver's cars like these). I've been sort of stuck because of the way the last year has been, plus having to park in a common area and having disrespectful neighbors that run into your car and do a hit and run and it doesn't bother them at all, apparently. So I'm particular about where I park her, and really territorial about my spot when I manage to get a good one where I think she's less likely to get damaged by some neighbor.
Talking about a shared parking area... I had someone walking up my driveway peaking in car windows around 2am. When they got closer to the side door, about to look into my wife's Explorer windows, my motion flood lights turned on and scared them away. Actually at that point, I think they also noticed the camera looking back at them....

• Haha
Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hi BD. Yes, on the 2018, 4,000 is essentially my exact annual mileage. 3 years 1 1/2 months... and 12,007 miles.

My annual mileage before the pandemic (on my older MKZ) was probably ~6,000-7,000 miles (still not exactly a lot).

But early retirement (WoooHooo... 🤗 ) right before I purchased the new MKZ ~3 years ago, then the pandemic (Boooo) knocked it down to ~4,000 per year. At least until we begin to travel more once again.

In fact, our older MKZ, which my wife usually drives, has sat pretty much unused for most of the last year+, since her company has everyone one working from home since March of last year. We only take it on a drive once in a while to charge the battery and keep things moving a little.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
There's something about crossing over a 10000 mile mark. Every time I go over another 10000 it's kind of a special day. I've always been like that with my cars. Even bigger for things like 25000, or especially 50000 or 100000 mile multiples! Although I don't think I've ever owned a car to the 200k mark yet. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts